Wedding Woes

Did I mention (It made local news, prob. not national) that you can't drink the water where I work?

it's not 'immediately dangerous', but it has had higher than federally allowed levels of one of the (carcinogin) bleach byproducts for a year now--after a year, you have to disclose that sort of thing.  (also, outside the bldg where I work, it's kinda opaque a lot of the time).

I feel much better about my bad habit of just having a diet coke for lunch every day.
And I've made sure to fill my water bottles at home.

Re: Did I mention (It made local news, prob. not national) that you can't drink the water where I work?

• The mill was like that.  They had some check valve issues they could never quite figure out so the untreated well water would back feed.

Are they not supplying you with water?

• there is one water cooler in the bldg for all employees to share- and we're going through it damn fast-students are SOL.

It's not actually any worse here than anywhere else in the city (possibly better) -it's that the ENTIRE city's water supply is tainted, because apparently a yearish ago they decided to quit buying it from Detroit (who got it from lae Huron) and use flint river (ew) water, abdfilter it 'in house'.
    And apparently they can't do that well.

And the city's response is 'it's not immediately dangerous right now--unless you have a weakened immune system.  But...it may not be safe.  We can't tell you, go call your doctor'.  which is absurdity at it's finest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards