Honeymoon Discussions

Resort/Location Suggestions?

ccohen0819ccohen0819 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited January 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
 We are planning on our first vacation alone/honeymoon the first week of October this year... we have about 5-8 days roughly to travel and enjoy. We definitely want to go out of the country, somewhere beachy... mostly I'd prefer to relax and hang on the beach, but would love to do some of the typical honeymoon activities.. 

Any suggestions on locations, resorts, companies, websites etc would be great! 

Re: Resort/Location Suggestions?

• First, and foremost, it sounds like you are already legally married. So, you aren't getting re-married (unless you actually got divorced in between) and you had a real wedding when you got legally married the first time. A wedding is any type of event where you get legally married.

Secondly, budget? Where are you flying from?

There are so many locations around the world and so many resorts to choose from. I highly recommend speaking with a travel agent to really book something that fits your wants and needs.

• ccohen0819ccohen0819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    budget I would say less than 5,000? flying from Pittsburgh most likely. Most people have been suggesting places like Aruba, St Thomas, Bahamas, etc. I think we definitely want to do all inclusive, I do not know at this point if we will do airfare separate or just get it all the package. 
    He has never been out of the country, I was on a cruise in the Bahamas when I was younger with a school function but that's as far as my travel knowledge goes. And as far as passports go, I don't know if we will get the passport cards that I have heard of or just get full passports (is there a difference?)  - We have only traveled within the country so this is all new to us. 
  • If you are flying, you have to get an actual passport, and not the passport card. The card can only be used for sea/land border crossings.
  • I definitely think you are an excellent candidate to speak with a travel agent. Not a travel agency like Expedia or Costco, where people are hired as "agents" but only plug in numbers into a system, but an agent who specializes in the Caribbean and has been there, in person, a lot.

• I agree. Very inexperienced travelers benefit enormously from the services of a good travel agent. He or she can ensure that you get exactly what you want and take care of the details that you won't. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A good, experienced travel agent is a great asset for an inexperienced traveler.  Ask friends and family if they have anyone to suggest.  Or, if you're into doing the research yourself, you can book it yourself, but you'll have to put some hours in.

If you're flying from PA and planning to just lay on the beach, definitely stick to the Caribbean.  There are a lot of AIs in varying budget ranges in St. Lucia, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and the Mexican coast.  You could also try a cruise that would take you to multiple islands if you're interested in that kind of thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards