Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY! 

How are you?

What's up for the weekend?

Since February is only 2 days away, what's something you're looking forward to in the next month?

Re: FRIDAY!

• Yay Friday!!! This week has been super long.

Next month I'm looking forward to many things! One of them being that I'm taking another cooking class with DH and I'm always excited for those.

Tonight I'm might go workout for a bit at CrossFit. DH has to stay at work late tonight because he won this contest where he might win an I pad mini if he makes a 3 point shot at their basketball court. I would go watch him but it would be for two whole seconds. I guess I could go...ugh I don't know lol.

Tomorrow DH is helping his mom move more and I might get some cleaning done. Then tomorrow night we are going to dinner with his best man and his girlfriend. Apparently he has been shopping for rings for her so I'm excited that they might get engaged this year.

Sunday we are looking at a few more homes with our realtor. This might be our last go around before we decide which one we want. There are a couple that we really like so if we don't see anything this time that pops out at us then we might put in an offer soon! Then tomorrow night we are going to my parents house to watch The Super Bowl!!! I'm making buffalo chicken dip crescent ring and nomming my face off.
  • Happy Friday!  I'm so glad it's the end of the week.  It's been a doozy.

I'm off at 12:30 today.  We'll grab lunch, run a gazillion errands, and then it's off to my appointment to go over my ultrasound and blood work results.  We'll probably take a biopsy today, too.

No big plans for tonight, depending on if we do the biopsy at my appointment.  After the ultrasound last week, I just felt really off and tired and sore, so I might take it easy tonight.  I hope that I feel just fine because I'd like to go out to dinner!  I'm tired of laying around the house and today is the first day since Tuesday where I haven't felt like a migraine was going to kill me.

Tomorrow we were going to go ice skating at the downtown outside ice skating rink, but it's going to rain all day!  So I think I'm going to make some taco soup and rolls and something else to take to my friend who had a baby a couple weeks ago.  We'll run by Target and grab something for the baby and her little girl, too.

For February, I am looking forward to Valentine's Day, but only because I'm doing the music for a wedding that day and I am ready to be done with it!  All I can say is they better have some yummy cake.
  • I have off today! And I'm not sick! Time to lay around and relax! My BF might come over after his shift and we'll watch Doctor Who. Doctor Who and ice cream and leftover pizza. I can accept this.

Admittedly, I'm a little excited about February coming. It'll be our first Valentine's Day as a couple rather than friends, and we're going to... work opposite shifts that day, probably. Oh, well.
  • @Swazzle - What paint colors are you leaning towards?

@SoutherPeach89 - What cooking class are you guys taking (or have you took)?  H and I used to do that all the time and drink a bottle of wine (or two) during class...we had such a great boozy time.  :)

@CoCoBellaF - I hope you feel better.  Hugs.

------------------------------

Today I'm working. Yesterday was a disaster...some nasty lady at work was completely rude to me about an issue here.  Seriously, I'm an attorney and have been spoken to in a very rude way before but she makes the top 10 and I'm thinking about reporting her.  Still not sure.  H was a gem about it, gave me lots of hugs, kisses and wine despite the fact that we quit drinking during the week.  He's a keeper.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the weekend...H and I are going to the gym together on Saturday because we've been slacking on the weekends.  Might do Sunday too but we will see.  I'm looking forward to cooking for the week too...and the super bowl of couse (might sneak in a peek to the Puppy Bowl too).

In February I'm looking forward to booking our vacation.  We have to get on it already.  Think we settled on a South Carribean cruise.  H has never taken a cruise before and that way we get to see St Lucia without spending $5k.  We are booking this weekend come hell or high water wherever we end up going.

• @TwoDimes, we need more Indy pictures!!
  • Happy Friday!
    Today seems like a good day.The weather is sunny,
    I got to finally answer e-mails and be for once ahead,and
    even Broyer decided to be my company next to me.
    No idea about the weekend.
    As for February,well there's valentine's day,which we didn't enjoy
    last year and I'm hoping we could go out or do something nice during
    the carnival too.And just to take a deep breath and start shopping/crafting
    for my upcoming events.

• @TwoDimes - Awww, I want to see Indy.  :(

@futuremrshistorian - Yeah for the great job interview!!

• @Futuremrshistorian Yay for the interview!

• @minskat30 -We have done three classes so far. Our first one was French cooking with this upscale cooking school that basically was training us to be elite chefs lol so we decided to go to a more low key one the following year. 

Two years ago and one year ago we did Holiday cooking classes and both we learned one or two things that we still use today!

This year we are doing food pairings so things that taste well together. It's not so much a wine pairing but just foods that go well together.
  • @CocoBellaF - Fingers crossed all of the results are good!

@futuremrshistorian - I'm so glad his interview went well! Sending lots of good vibes that this job works out!

I am sick. I was pretty sure that I was coming down with something, and I definitely have a cold. I feel like it's getting worse and I do NOT want to be at work. I would have called in sick, but I hate doing that on Fridays and half of my team is gone this week, so I'm going to drink gallons of tea and try to last the day.

Tonight I have no plans. FI and I were talking about maybe going to the movies, but I would rather just watch something at home in sweatpants and fall asleep at 9:30. I'm sure I can swing that.

Tomorrow FI has hockey and then we're meeting the baker that we're hoping to book for our wedding. FMIL and FSIL got the cake for my shower from this bakery and it was tasty but a bit dry so I definitely want to ask them about that. We were hoping to have lunch with my parents and go to the house tomorrow afternoon to take a bunch of measurements and actually be able to start planning what we're going to do when we move in, but the seller won't let us. They aren't going to be there and they're refusing to give a key to their agent. I know we haven't closed yet, but we've already put some money down and we have 2 visits included in our contact, AND we don't want them to be there when we visit! It will be so much easier to measure and talk about what we're going to change without them listening...it just feels awkward. Anyways, I'm really annoyed. So now I don't know what we're doing tomorrow.

Sunday is church and then headed home to get food ready for the superbowl party that we're going to. I am making pico and buffalo chicken dip, and then we get to hang out with friends and eat lots of bad food and have an excellent time. Fingers crossed I'm feeling better!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @southernpeach89 - Good luck on Sunday! I'm so excited for you!!!

@CocoBellaF - Good luck today! Sending healthy vibes your way!

@TwoDimes - ALL the dress pics as soon as possible, please and thank you :) 

@minskat30 - Mostly neutrals. I can't handle "color". Our dining room is a really pale green and white, the bathroom has black and white tile and H painted the walls a super light sea foam green, and I think our first floor guest room is going to be some shade of pale blue. That's the extent of "color". For the master bedroom, I'm leaning towards a light grey, I'm still completely undecided on the second floor guest room, and the kitchen is giving me the most trouble. I honestly would hire someone to come into my kitchen and tell me what color to paint it. How exciting about your trip! Where else does the cruise stop? I've never been to St. Lucia and I really want to go so I'm interested in hearing all about it! 

@futuremrshistorian - Congrats to your BF

@lmcooper86 - Ugh I just got over a cold a couple days ago. I hope you feel better soon. Drown that shit with green tea and Emergen-C. That's frustrating about the seller. I'm surprised their agent doesn't already have a key to the house. I only saw our house the day we originally looked at it (I wasn't able to go to the inspection) and I was starting to doubt it leading up to our closing. The morning we did our walk-through, though, I fell in love with it all over again and my doubts were just because I was misremembering how awesome it is. I hope you can get in soon!

• Good Lord! How are there 13 replies already?

Tomorrow my mom is getting married... I am so not looking forward to any of this. At all. This afternoon is the rehearsal. Sometime before that I have to make it to Sephora since I waited until the absolute last minute and now don't have any makeup left for tomorrow (or today really). I also need to pick up hair stuffs since I have to do mine and the girls' hair tomorrow. Blah

Saturday is the wedding, complete with the trunk bar. Sunday we have a family birthday party around lunch, and then we'll be watching the SuperBowl. I'm not quite sure where that's happening, or if we'll end up hosting. But I don't really care. I just want to eat wings, drink beer, and enjoy the game.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Thanks @CocoBellaF, @Minskat30, @Marylab, @Imcooper86, and @Swazzle!  This is my top choice for him (if we don't get the teaching positions we really want, it has the potential for a lot of growth and longevity, and it's STABLE...he wouldn't have to deploy again).  Plus, it's in California, and this girl from the landlocked state loves the idea of BEACHES.

I'm hoping he can call later today and give me some more details.

Also: YAAAAAY FRIDAY.  I just felt like I needed to say that.
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    @Swazzle Saved by the Bell Parody?! That sounds amazing. I loved (love) that show.
    @twodimes have fun shopping!! I hope you get to take pictures! I LOVE PICTURES.
    @CocoBellaF I hope the biopsy goes well if you do it. all the hugs.

I'm so happy its Friday! It's snowing here in CT. Kind of light and fluffy, roads weren't bad... and I still made it to work on time. This weekend we're going to FI's parents house to dog sit (his mom, dad, nand sister are all going into the city.) I'm excited for that :)

I think I may pick up my wedding dress from the alterations lady and maybe do another fitting too? I set up a hair/ makeup trial for March yesterday. I find hair and makeup really stressful. Tres expensive! And I really want to look awesome. I've never had my hair/ makeup done professionally. Actually, I had my hair done once for homecoming (I never went to prom). But it was really simple, half up/ half down.. some curl. And once when I was a bridesmaid. That looked awful. Like I had greasy, flat hair because of all the hairspray. So, I'm glad to have the ball rolling, but I really hope I like these guys! I don't want to shell out all the money$ for multiple trials.

Things to look forward to in February... hmm. I like Valentine's Day, but FI and I never really do gifts or make much of a big deal about... well... anything. So, besides that... there's...hmm. At the end of Feb, we're doing a photoshoot at work (on a Sunday, so that's no fun...) but I'm excited for it.

Here are pictures of the puppy!

ETA: pictures failed :( Don't know what's wrong.
  • So happy it's Friday! This has been quite the week. Plans for the weekend revolve around the Superbowl. So excited to eat and drink everything and hopefully there will be a Pats win! Today is spirit day at school- so everyone is in their Pats gear from head to toe. It's awesome. I'm also kinda crossing my fingers for snow on Monday....everyone needs a day off after the Superbowl, just sayin'.
  • I'm SO glad it's Friday! I don't really have any plans for the weekend. BF and I thought about hosting people for the Super Bowl but decided against it.

As for February, the 6th is BF's birthday. I got him a great present and I'm really excited to give it to him! 

• Swazzle said:
    As for February, I'm most looking forward to spending a WHOLE weekend with my BFFs! @GoldenPenguin, @Hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, and @csousa1 are coming to my house next Friday and we're going to celebrate Sous's birthday in the city on Saturday. It's going to be THE BEST EVER.
    @Swazzle - FALSE. I won't be there. Therefore it cannot be the BEST EVER.

@TwoDimes - I hope we get to see pics! How exciting!

@minskat30 - How exciting! When are you planning to go on the cruise? I think H and I decided on a Western Caribbean cruise for our 1st anniversary in September.

@futuremrshistorian - Yay for the interview!!! I hope you get to hear from BF soon. How exciting. How old is your brother? 

• @Swazzle - I'm with you on color.  I don't go too bold...it drives my sister nuts who is all about bold color.  The cruise we are thinking of departs from San Juan which is a great town in and of itself then heads to St. Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, and St Maarten.  Lots of saints.  :)  H said he wanted to book it this weekend so yeah!

• Good morning and Happy Friday!

Tonight is for gaming. Tomorrow FI and I are going to my parents' place - I'm shopping for bridal lingerie with my mom (and this time I mean it, so berate me if I don't come back with anything), and my mom and I are going to block a baby afghan. One of her coworkers is due in 5-6 weeks. I have no clue what FI is going to do. :-P

Sunday is the Super Bowl! I'm meta-gaming my mom and FI in picks - they don't know how I'm going to pick the game, and I like it that way because it means it's harder for them to snipe a victory in family football pool. No clue what we're doing for the game, but we might get a veggie tray and go to town on it. Or head to the neighborhood sports dive.

In February I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl (and then not looking forward to the offseason) and Valentine's Day. That's going to be our last big date before the wedding, and I've booked us couples' massage in the afternoon. Dinner is FI's job, and I don't know where we're going yet. (He may not either. :-D )
  • @swazzle sounds like a great weekend! What colors are going to be painting the rooms?

I have no exciting plans tonight I'll be home and relaxing.  Saturday I've got rehearsal in the morning and on Sunday I've got rehearsal in the afternoon.  The couch we were hoping to have two weeks ago is now estimated to be delivered in March, le sigh. We were planning to have people over for the superbowl, but decided against it.  I'm just looking forward to the weekend, get some more sleep, read and relax.

Anniversary

• YAY FRIDAY.

This week has been intense and I'm ready for it to be over.  We're supposed to get official word from HR today as to whether or not I'm getting my job, and shit is about to hit the fan on the other side of it.  I'm just so emotionally done with this week.

Tonight I have a GS meeting, and then the errands start.  I need to pick up a new pair of shoes, zippers for the couch cushions, and then get home to at least finish the batting on the couch.  

Tomorrow I have a Junior League recruitment session, then I have to absolutely finish the couch.  If I get done early enough, I'd like to go for a run, but that probably won't happen.  We also need to clean the house for the party on Sunday.  And I'm supposed to have a skype session with BFF.  She and I were talking on FB the other day, and she told me she bought a plane ticket to Germany to surprise her BF.  Considering she has insane flight anxiety, voluntarily purchasing a ticket for a long flight is a BIG DEAL.  So, I'm pretty sure she's going to marry this guy.  And I'm so freaking ecstatic about it.  Except for the part where I'm pretty sure aliens have replaced my weird BFF and turned her into a sap.

Sunday is Superbowl party, and hopefully a run.  And a nap.

I french with my man
  • @Ollie08 - We are thinking April.  H's birthday and our anniversary are the end of March but the plane tickets for those weeks was insane.  Maybe its Spring Break?  A western carribean cruise sounds like fun too!  What line are you thinking of going with?
  • marylabmarylab member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Oh not to forget they informed me the pearl paper I ordered arrived,so
    we can send the invitations to be printed.I totally messed the days,and
    thought that Fast begins in March,well fail,it's on 23th of February,so I'm hoping
    to have solid rsvp's so people will have the right food..
    Anyway,before I send it to be printed,what do you think?
    I can't decide about the twigs,I like them and don't.

• @minskat30 - I'm not sure yet. I've cruised with Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Disney before. I wasn't a big fan of Carnival (their ship seemed really tired and dingy), but the reviews for RC Western Caribbean aren't that great. Carnival's reviews seem to be better. I'm probably going to talk to a cruise planner and see what they think. What about you?

• QUESTION:  A friend of mine had a baby boy a couple weeks ago.  She already has a little girl, who is around 3 years old.  The little girl is flighty and picky.  Saturday we are taking over some gifts from our Hispanic group at church, and I wanted to bring some food for them to stick in the freezer and heat up later.  I'm taking over fresh taco soup for them to eat that evening, but any ideas for freezer-friendly meals that adults and picky kids like?  They are a Hispanic family.  Maybe enchiladas and rice?
  • @Ollie08 - He's only 20!!  His girlfriend will be 20 in April.  This isn't exactly unusual for my family or our area of the country...when I turned 24, I became the oldest woman in my family in 3 generations to still be unmarried (I'm 28 now, for comparison).  Both of them have good heads on their shoulders and have gone about this in a very adult way, so I'm not worried about them in that sense...but...he's a baby!
  • @futuremrshistorian - That is really young!  I think when I got married (I was about to turn 25, H was about to turn 24) was a good age.  We'd been through college and I had my first career-type job, H had just graduated and was working full-time.  He is a baby, but it can definitely work out, too.  That's exciting for you!  My younger brother is almost 24, and he hasn't had a GF since high school.  She broke his heart and he won't date now.  The only way I'll get any sisters is for H's brothers to get married, but he is quite a bit older than them... the youngest is 12, so we've got a while until then!!

Also, when are you coming my way?  I want to get together but I know you've got a lot going on with your dissertation stuff! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards