Chit Chat

Tattoo location opinion

Gustafson28Gustafson28 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2015 in Chit Chat
So I saw my tattoo artist today for a consult for my inner bicep tattoo and we got talking about my next one ha ha. But, the spot I'm thinking is my upper thigh . It would be a large piece in an ornate picture frame. I'm not sure what it will look like on my leg but I know the work will be amazing . H isn't a tattoo guy and he's not sure about this thigh idea but we both have told the other that it doesn't matter what he thinks. Anyways, it did get me wondering if thigh tattoos just aren't his thing or if that's the general concensus.

Tattoo location opinion 49 votes

Love thigh tattoos!
32% 16 votes
Hate thigh tattos
30% 15 votes
Tattoos just aren't my thing
20% 10 votes
Depends (explain below please!)
16% 8 votes

Re: Tattoo location opinion

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I would totally get (and will probably eventually get) a thigh tattoo. 
  • I think thigh tattoos are great. They're easily concealable in a professional setting and super fun to show off with shorts outside of work.
  • Have thigh tattoos (3). Love them.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I have a large thigh tattoo. H didn't think he would like it but changed his mind once he saw it.
  • I love thigh tattoos and want one so badly. But I doubt I would be able to sit through a large thigh piece. :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Tattoos aren't my thing, for me, but I find sleeves of tattoos sexy and bold as all hell.
  • Why doesn't it matter what he thinks? That would be my main hesitation. If you both loved them then I'd go for it but if he's generally not a tattoo guy and is particularly not hugely into an upper thigh tattoo that would seem like a good reason to skip it.
  • I love thigh tattoos. I will eventually get one (when I can afford it!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have a friend with an incredible thigh tattoo. As long as you've got a good artist and it flows well, I think they're awesome. 

I've also seen some that looked like a little kid stamped them on. But overall, awesome. I will get one eventually. Plus, nice meaty area that's probably not terribly painful. 
  • I'm not a fan personally, I don't think, but that's for me and my thunder thighs. So go for it!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Why doesn't it matter what he thinks? That would be my main hesitation. If you both loved them then I'd go for it but if he's generally not a tattoo guy and is particularly not hugely into an upper thigh tattoo that would seem like a good reason to skip it.

Because it's not his body?

OP - With a good artist I think thigh tattoos can be really cool. 

Because he's a loving and respectful spouse who will support me no matter what. It's not his body and he would never try to control me like that. We both agreed that we promised to share our bodies with each other, not own them. I also have a large piece on my back already. Whoops. 

Thanks everyone! I'm totally doing it. Yup. Might even get it done sooner than later :)

I think there's a lot of room between "his opinion doesn't matter" and "he's controlling me like he owns my body and he's not a loving and respectful spouse." I just found it a bit strange that he would have no say but somehow internet strangers would.

But it sounds like you're on the same page anyway so awesome- I love the idea of the ornate picture frame, sounds really cool!
  • It wasn't that Internet peeps have more say than H, it's that I wanted to see if it was his opinion or general concensus (check OP). But yeah, super excited for it :)
  • I can't really say they aren't my thing, because I have one, but I wouldn't get anymore.   The one I have is tiny and usually hidden.  I was in college and wanted.  I have no regrets about it. 

• I almost got my most recent one on my thigh. But I went with the calf instead because I really like them to be seen. I figured the thigh wouldn't be seen too often except in a bathing suit because I don't wear very short shorts in the summer. But the calf will show a lot more when I wear knee length skirts and sundresses. But if you want it more hidden, go for it! 

• I'm not a fan personally, I don't think, but that's for me and my thunder thighs. So go for it!
    Heh yeah this is me. I've seen some that I really like though.

• edited June 2015
    Because it isn't his body?

I am NOT at all into religoious symbols and whatnot, but H has 2 cross tattoos. Guess how much my opinion of them mattered? 0. Because it's not my body.
  • The tattoo I'm saving for is a thigh piece. I am so excited!

Right now I have a temporary mermaid tattoo on my boob from the party I went to last night. I want to keep it forever.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I think they can be great, in general, but I don't know about something rectangular there...I'd go with something that has a more organic shape to it for the thigh.
  • edited June 2015
  • I have a thigh tattoo-- it's on my upper thigh and it goes up my hip and almost up to my ribs. It's my biggest tattoo and I love it a lot. The best part is, 90% of the people that know me have no idea that I have a huge elaborate tattoo because no one would see any of those parts of my body unless I was in a bikini or something. And just for the record, FI thinks it's "sexy as hell." I would love to show you a picture but I haven't been able to figure out how to photograph the entire thing without showing... other things lol

If the work is good, I think yours will turn out awesome.
  • Blergbot said:
    I think they can be great, in general, but I don't know about something rectangular there...I'd go with something that has a more organic shape to it for the thigh.

It's going to be an oval frame
  • Also thanks for all the replies everyone!
  • I'm saving my next large piece for my thigh :)  I love the placement!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards