Chit Chat

FWP

edited January 2015 in Chit Chat
My husband works for a company based out of Nice, France.  We have gone to Nice, several times for business meetings (well, I tagged along).  I LOVE Nice.  It is gorgeous and more leisurely than Paris (which is awesome as well), and the beaches are amazing. 
   My H, now, works beneath a different boss who heads up the office in Geneva.  H will no longer be traveling to Nice.  This makes me sad, because I felt so comfortable there. Sure, everyone speaks French, but they act like your neighbors, and the locals don't make you feel like a foreigner. It will be great to visit Switzerland, someday, but I will miss Nice. Switzerland is so much more expensive which is kind of prohibitive. Ladies, what are your FWPs, this week?

Re: FWP

• I'm with you.  I also love Nice and have had some beautiful trips there.  I love the whole area actually.  Switzerland is pretty awesome too, but I was heading to the French side out of Italy which I didn't like, so maybe that had something to do with it too.  

My FWP is that by booking flights to Florida, I now need to make decisions on hotels, park tickets, etc.  And the loonie sucks at the moment, so it's all costing us more now.  

• I absolutely hate when the dollar is down, it makes traveling so much harder.
  • I would be more excited for Geneva! But I never really wanted to travel to France and I'm not a beach so that's why ha. My first world problem is I want to sleep in more but I already have 10 hours....Plus I want Sunday to get here!

• FWP: it's too comfy in my bed to get up and make breakfast.

And Geneva is gorgeous! I have a friend who travels there for work a lot and loves it.

• I don't have any right now.

DH cooking me breakfast, we are finally getting snow.  Snuggling with the dogs.    Life it pretty okay.

Now later I have to actually clean my place for the party tomorrow.  I'm sure I will complaining then.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • edited January 2015
    FWP: I just found an Oriental Trading catalog in the mail. It had an entire 2-page spread dedicated to Camouflage. Wut. Also all their candy looks gross.

Etf "Orientation" to "Oriental".
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I bought my cat one of those little pet beds last night and she won't go near it. 

Date night at a steakhouse last night. I literally asked for "an absurd amount of sour cream" on my potato. I received a very standard amount. And then the waiter never came back so I couldn't ask for more. Like wtf. I told him I wasn't joking- that I did in fact want an absurd amount so I don't know why he thought 2 tiny ramekins would be adequate! Fucker. 

• jenna8984 said:
    I bought my cat one of those little pet beds last night and she won't go near it. 

Date night at a steakhouse last night. I literally asked for "an absurd amount of sour cream" on my potato. I received a very standard amount. And then the waiter never came back so I couldn't ask for more. Like wtf. I told him I wasn't joking- that I did in fact want an absurd amount so I don't know why he thought 2 tiny ramekins would be adequate! Fucker. 
    Hey, jenna8984. Cats really don't like pet beds because they smell like the pet shop and other animals. My cat would not go near the pet bed that I got him, for Christmas. I put cat litter on my cat's pet bed and he couldn't wait to get in there until morning.
  • jenna8984 said:
    I bought my cat one of those little pet beds last night and she won't go near it. 

Hey, jenna8984. Cats really don't like pet beds because they smell like the pet shop and other animals. My cat would not go near the pet bed that I got him, for Christmas. I put cat litter on my cat's pet bed and he couldn't wait to get in there until morning.
    Alternately, throw it in the washing machine with some of your regular laundry detergent so it smells like you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:

jenna8984 said:

Alternately, throw it in the washing machine with some of your regular laundry detergent so it smells like you.

My dog pees on his bed whenever I wash it. Fine asshole, sleep in pee then.

• jenna8984 said:

My dog pees on his bed whenever I wash it. Fine asshole, sleep in pee then.
    My dog destroys his beds, so they never get to the point where they can be washed. Now he has blankets and sleeps on the couch. I'm not buying a dog bed every 2 weeks.

• My FWP... I'm stuck in the office working on a Saturday.  But, at least I have a decent job, right?

Also, I live in Tempe, AZ... Seahawks are staying in a hotel about a mile from my home.  The night they arrived, we were kept awake by stupid, very loud news helicopters overhead.  I mean, is it really that important to watch the team arrive at their hotel?  I also spend a lot of my work day near the Cardinals practice stadium in Tempe... and I've gotten stuck in traffic a couple times while they have every motorcycle cop in town shutting down traffic so the team can travel to and from the stadium. Plus traffic in that general vicinity is crazy right now.  Well, traffic all over town is crazy right now.  I'm so ready for this Superbowl crap to be over.

And I want it to STOP RAINING!  Yes, I know 55 degrees and rain is a whole lot better than most people are dealing with right now, but I moved here for warm, sunny weather and I want it back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards