Wedding Party

Sisters of the groom standing in as parents

Need help fast...getting married in 35 days! My fiance's sisters will be standing in as his parents at our wedding (both of his parents are deceased).  How do I address them in the program?  We are acknowledging his late parents under the parents in our program. Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: Sisters of the groom standing in as parents

• What do you mean "standing in as his parents" ? Standing in how?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If by standing in you mean doing as parents often do, standing in a receiving line, or going out of their way to introduce people, greet them, perhaps make toasts and such, then you simply refer to them as his closest family, his sister Name and her SO, or sisters when together.

When you do that people who have never heard will assume parents are deceased or not in his life. If in the program the deceased parents are referred to, sooner or later people will know, but one does not introduce someone as a stand in for someone else unless collecting an award for them or similar things. One simply describes the current situation, his closest family, his sisters. No special notes needed, just polite introductions.

It is like invitations, where you say who you are inviting by name, not , and don' t bring your kids or anyone extra. Introduce the sisters, not saying they are replacements for someone not there because they are dead.
  • I'm so confused. Is he being walked down the aisle somehow?

If they are processing down the aisle, just list them in the processional order as "Sisters of the Groom"

• Need help fast...getting married in 35 days! My fiance's sisters will be standing in as his parents at our wedding (both of his parents are deceased).  How do I address them in the program?  We are acknowledging his late parents under the parents in our program. Thanks for your suggestions!
    Nobody can stand in as his parents.  That doesn't even make sense.  I see no reason why they need to be listed in the program, unless you plan on including your siblings.  Which again, really doesn't make sense.  A program is not a family tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards