Wedding Party

Bridesmaids

2»

Re: Bridesmaids

• levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I'm 5'1".  BFF is almost 5'10".  I give nonefucks.  I will always look short next to her (and most people).  She spent most of high school and early college being self-conscious about her height even though I told her she was gorgeous.  She had BF's that didn't want her to wear heels because it made them seem short (fuck them). One day, she put on a pair of heels and said, "I actually feel awesome and beautiful."  I was so happy for her.  What kind of friend would I be to take that away from her?  My other BFF is 4'9" and I tower over her.  She likes wearing flats and being small.  All the power to her.  Height doesn't matter--at all.  

If you can't handle people being taller than you, that's on you, and for you to work through.  Don't sacrifice friendships because of a personal insecurity.  

• How is this sentiment different from me saying "Bridesmaids B and D, you're both thinner than me, which is not ok for my wedding pictures... could you each gain about 20 lbs before my wedding day so I'm not so insecure?"

Forcing your bridesmaids to gain weight doesn't make sense, and forcing them to wear flats doesn't either. You picked them (I assume) because you love them. Not because of how they look.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Do you have any idea how awful it feels to be a girl who is six feet tall and in the 8th grade?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I am 5 feet on the nose and my three bridesmaids were all 5'5 or taller. I wore flats bc I hate heels.  All of my bridesmaids wore heels bc they had short cocktail style dresses on.  Personally, I felt like everyone knows I'm petite, so who cares if I look petite on my wedding day compared to my bridesmaids?  It's who I am!
  • This is not something you should be concerned about. Do not try to dictate whet style shoes they wear. That is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards