Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Beach Groomswear

Hi all,

It's 7 weeks til our Maui beach wedding and my darling hubby to be has not yet purchased his wedding attire. He's thinking navy pants, pale blue shirt with rolled sleeves, and a bow tie. I am happy with the idea but I am dying for him to make a decision. 

What are your gents wearing to your beach weddings?

Cheers!

Re: Beach Groomswear

• Options
    I am struggling with where to purchase beach attire, so if you have any online suggestions I am really open to suggestions. My fiance will be wearing beige pants (hopefully something refined but light weight like linen) and a white long sleeve shirt button up shirt. Hopefully something light weight (maybe linen also) and maybe with some white on white embroidery or pleating (in the sort of classic beach wedding style). We'll both be barefoot. No jacket, no vest, no tie.
  • Options

My H bought his outfit at Tommy Bahama.

http://www.tommybahama.com/

He purchased a white, linen, short-sleeved shirt and long, tan, linen pants.

• Options
    DH wore a tux, as did his GM.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I am struggling with where to purchase beach attire, so if you have any online suggestions I am really open to suggestions. My fiance will be wearing beige pants (hopefully something refined but light weight like linen) and a white long sleeve shirt button up shirt. Hopefully something light weight (maybe linen also) and maybe with some white on white embroidery or pleating (in the sort of classic beach wedding style). We'll both be barefoot. No jacket, no vest, no tie.
    Definitely go Tommy Bahama, it would fit exactly what you are looking for.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Tommy Bahama suggestion! I'm looking at their site right now. Anyone know anything about Island Importer?
  • Options
    FH bought his pants at IZOD (brushed cotton in khaki), and found a linen shirt with button ups for the sleeves at H&M on clearance because it was last year's style. His whole outfit was $85. Check 6pm.com and see if they have any sale men's fashion, I always find good prices on summer stuff this time of year. Good luck :)
  • Options
    We looked at Tommy Bahama, but DH is pretty slim and they didn't have a good size for him.  He ended up at the local tux rental and bought a linen coloured suit there that they had as part of their destination wedding selection.  He was also shopping in Canada in the winter, so not much selection.  

• Options
    I'm leaving the decision up to him but he has talked about grey pants with a matching vest, white button up with the sleeves rolled up and a tie.
  • Options
    We just came back from our wedding in St. Lucia - we wanted to go more formal so my husband wore black pants, white shirt, black vest and black tie. I loved the formal look in our pics :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards