Honeymoon Discussions

XP: Royal Caribbean vacation protection

Hi Knotties, honeymoon question here!  FILs are gifting us a cruise for our honeymoon!  Commence squee-ing and happy dance!!!  We are going to the Caribbean for 9 days (Bermuda, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico).

Now to the actual question.  As you all have definitely noticed, my job is pretty demanding and can be unpredictable.  I am concerned that there is a very small, but real, chance something will come up and I will need to reschedule.  Royal Caribbean offers "vacation protection" for something like $220, or else I might look into separate vacation insurance.  Has anybody used one or the other and has any thoughts?  Has anybody actually had to cancel your vacation and use the insurance, and what was that experience like?  Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: XP: Royal Caribbean vacation protection

• Yay!  I'm a Royal Caribbean girl.  Is this your first cruise?  We've never had to cancel or anything but I've heard great things about this site... http://www.insuremytrip.com
  • I would get insurance. You never know what can happen. My girlfriend is a travel agent and we all were going on a cruise and she ended up with kidney stones and in the hospital and couldn't go. She was able to get her money back
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always, always buy travel insurance. Ditto www.insuremytrip.com. You can look at various policies and many offer "cancel for any reason" or "cancel for work reasons."

Once my family had to cancel a trip due to a sick relative (got fully reimbursed), and twice I got sick on vacation and then filed a claim for the expenses (also got fully reimbursed).

It's worth every penny.

• Thanks everyone! Sounds like that website is the way to go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards