Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Venue, ceremony and reception for 5k ?

Hello,

My budget is 10K and I want an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception for 100 in early July 2016. Is this doable? Does anyone have any venue ideas any where between Boston and Worcester...

Thanks !

Re: Venue, ceremony and reception for 5k ?

• Options
    A little North of Boston is the Smith Barn in Peabody, MA - beautiful location for both your ceremony and reception
  • Options

I was supposed to get married at Wachusett Mountain in Princeton. You can have the ceremony outside and even ride the chairlift up and down during cocktail hour. It's gorgeous and their packages are about $50 per person (plus tax and fees). This includes ceremony, linens, food, appetizers, cake cutting, basically everything for the venue.

We actually got freaked out two months before the wedding and decided we just didn't want a large wedding with that may peope and didn't want to spend so much. So we canceled it and ended up taking 20 immediate family members and getting married at the Old Mill Restaurant in Westminster. I think they have a room that holds up to 100 (I used a small room) and they were priced really good (like $30 a plate). They have an outdoor area for the ceremony too.

A lot of my friends have gotten married at Blissful Meadows Golf Course in Uxbridge. There's an outdoor ceremony area with a beautiful gazebo, indoors holds 150. They are reasonable ($30 pp) but they nickel and dime you with ceremoy fees and chair fees so it really ends up being closer to $50 pp.

• Options
    Thank you for the responses! I read a few bad reviews on Smith Barn, but I have an appointment to see it anyway.

I will checkout Blissful Meadows + Wachusett!
  • Options
    allyballyoopallyballyoop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Getting married at Blissful Meadows in June 2016! Melissa, the coordinator there, is GREAT :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Black Swan Country Club in Georgetown was very affordable and a lovely venue when we went to look, plus their catering was extremely reasonable.

http://www.blackswancountryclub.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards