Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Am I supposed to give favors at the bachelorette?

I read somewhere (maybe Wedding Wire or a wedding magazine), that the bride is supposed to give favors to everyone attending the bachelorette.  Is that true?  I was planning on giving the host of the bachelorette a nice gift to say thank you, but I hadn't thought of favors for all attendees.  Is that a thing?  If so, do you have any suggestions of what I should get?

Re: Am I supposed to give favors at the bachelorette?

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015

I have never heard of this. I had a weekend long, destination bach party (I think you are also?) So one of the days I bought lunch for all the girls.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Favors, when they are presented, are the responsibility of the host, not the guest of honor. So while I cannot say if favors are de rigueur at bachelorette parties or not, I can say with confidence that you personally need not worry about them.

Powers  &8^]

• Options
    KatWAG said:

I have never heard of this. I had a weekend long, destination bach party (I think you are also?) So one of the days I bought lunch for all the girls.

I did the same thing. I wanted to thank everyone for traveling for my weekend long destination bach party, so on our last night when we stayed in, I bought everyone pizza. I don't think it's necessary, but it's a nice way to say thank you. 
  • Options
    Thanks!  I thought it was strange when I read it, but I wasn't sure, and I didn't want to seem rude by not bringing tangible favors for each guest.
  • Options
    kat1114 said:
    KatWAG said:

I did the same thing. I wanted to thank everyone for traveling for my weekend long destination bach party, so on our last night when we stayed in, I bought everyone pizza. I don't think it's necessary, but it's a nice way to say thank you. 

This is a great idea, thanks!  I'll get everyone lunch or dinner one day.  Thanks so much!
  • Options
    I've also never heard of favors for a bachelorette party.

• Options
    I've seen it done and I've done it myself as a host, but if it IS done the onus is on the host, not the bride. 
  • Options
    I hosted a bachelorette for my friend (I was a bridesmaid and she asked me to plan it.. ugh.. another story for another time) but I provided small favors for all the girls attending. They were little bags with stuff like candy, nips, advil, water, plastic shot glasses, leis, gum, etc. I put everything in a pail and shovel set as it was a beach-themed bach party. Everyone really liked them including the bride who had no idea I was doing that. I've never seen a bride hand out favors but I really like your idea of treating them to lunch or dinner. so sweet!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I also had a destination bachelorette party, and they wouldn't let me pay for them for anything. It was 6 of my 7 bridesmaids that attended, and I felt like they really went above and beyond for a great weekend. I ended up just getting them all (all 7 of them) a much nicer gift for being a part of the wedding that I was originally planning. And I wrote out really heartfelt cards. I gave them all the gifts at the rehearsal dinner. 
  • Options

I don't think it's expected. If you want to do something, buy a round of drinks and toast your friends or buy coffee and bagels in the morning.

• Options
    I don't think it matters. I didn't give favors when I hosted my sister's bachelorette party. We did play some games and I had enough prizes for everyone to have one, so I guess that kind of counted.  At my bachelorette, there were no favors.
  • Options
    I hosted my sister's bachelorette party last may and I purchased everyone a small favors bag.  I also purchased the bride extra gifts such as custom underwear and a robe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For my friend's bachelorette the host (her sister) had a bunch of "favors"...silly sunglasses, beaded necklaces with giant fake diamond rings on them, etc., that she handed out after dinner before we all went to the bar/club. It was fun just being silly. I threw out anything I still had when I got home, though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards