California-San Diego

Getting my dress altered????

Hi Ladies, 

I've never posted on this board before becuase I'm having my wedding in Las Vegas. But I know everyone here always seems to have such great advise (at least on the Las Vegas Board) I thought I should ask a question here. I live in San Marcos and I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo in Oceanside. I lucked out and fell in love with a dress that was on the clearance rack and only ended up spending 550 bucks on my dress. 

I want to have the have of the dress altered, as well as a few other things. I'm not really familiar with anyone who does alterations so I'm a little scared. I can't take the dress to Alfred Angelo because their alterations person is there only on tuesday's and I can't miss work on a Tuesday. 

Do any of you wonderful brides to be have any reccomendations on where to go? Preferably north county but at this point I'll take ANY reccomendation. I just want to get this done. I am running out of time as I get married in June and I feel like it's really coming up quick. 

Thanks Ladies!!!!!
Darci 

Re: Getting my dress altered????

• I went to Rose Sews and absolutely adored her. She is further south though (by the 94 I think). Her info: 619-278-9393. You can find more info on yelp.

Anniversary

• lvshelleyjmlvshelleyjm member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    I have been going to Carmel Tailor and Alterations for years. It's a mom and pop team tailor shop. They are in Rancho Penasquitos so about 20 minutes down from you. Perhaps, check them out? Good luck! 
  • Kim's Alterations in Encinitas, CA!  She's amazing and has done all my clothing, prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, etc for the last 15 years.  She's also super fast - once helped a customer who's suitcase got stolen out of her car tailor an entire weekend wardrobe (including dress for a wedding) in half a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards