Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Ceremony Site

Hi there. I am a northeast Ohio bride. I am desperate to find a beautiful church in he akron area for our wedding ceremony. Admittedly, I may be being too picky. But we really want to find a church that is open, beautiful, bright, elegant, and has one center aisle. I would love somewhere with golds and dark reds in the details (as those are our wedding colors) and of course marble floors would be perfect. That being said, I know that is probably way to much to expect. We are holding our reception at Greystone Hall in downtown Akron. Also we are holding our wedding on a Sunday, but late in the afternoon to accommadate a church. Again, I know I am expecting far too much, but if anyone knows of a church similar to this description or just a beautiful church in general in the general Akron area, I would be forever in your debt. Thank you so much!! Good luck to all you other plannersEmbarassed

Re: Ceremony Site

• On the left hand side of your screen you will see a menu that says Local Wedding Boards. Click on that and select your area. You might have better luck there.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Keep in mind that many chuches require you to be a member of the church or at least a practioner of their faith.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, what would be helpful is if you could say which faith you are. No sense finding you a catholic church if neither of you are catholic!
    ....Hehe, just googled "churches near Akron, Ohio" and this is the first one that popped up:
    http://www.stbernardakron.org/about/photo-gallery/?album=1
    It is catholic...

http://www.stpaulsakron.org/ - This one is episcopalian...

It is very difficult to find a church online, as a lot of websites don't post too many pictures of themselves, and googling can get confusing because lots of churches have the same names but in different places. I do suggest the first one - if you're wanting a catholic marriage. Otherwise, look some of these up, go for a road trip around the area and see what you can find.

Don't stress too much about the color. Focus on the mood you want and the openness with the one aisle. You can always bring your colors in with a red carpet or red rose petals, and pew ends in the colors you want. If you're lucky, you'll find exactly what you want. Otherwise, you'll have to pick and chose. What's the most important to you? How can you make a certain place work for what you want? If you want more openness, see how many doors there are and if you can leave them open during the ceremony (considering if it's loud outside from traffic or local kids going by). Don't worry about the marble floor. No one will really be looking at it. An alternative would be stone.

Also, if you really want to hold on to your idea and are willing to travel outside of Akron, try that too. Ohio can be beautiful, with beautiful drives. Not very fun for the guests, but if it's what you want. Keep hunting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards