September 2015 Weddings
Options

Opinions on Music?

I really love music and am always thinking about songs that would be good for the wedding.  I may be late to the party on this one, but thanks to the Grammy's, I LOVE Ed Sheeran's "Thinking out Loud," and would like to use it for our first dance song. FI and I haven't been able to sgree on a song, but we both like this.

I also would like the bridal party to walk in to "September" by Earth Wind and Fire.  Is this fun or corny?

We live in Boston, but are getting married in RI, so I was think we could walk into "Shipping up to Boston," by the dropkick Murphy's.

Yes, I am a little obsessed w all of the details :)

Re: Opinions on Music?

• Options

I am driving everyone crazy with being obsessed with all the little details.

We keep going back and forth with our first dance. Have music picked out for moms and bridal party to walk into...I want something different so just have to get dad to agree. Our walk out song is "Best Day of My Life" by the American Authors.

Love the idea of September.....never thought of that. We are working on a Frank Sinatra impersonator for the cocktail hour so might have him sing when we are introduced.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tj&cw said:

I am driving everyone crazy with being obsessed with all the little details.

We keep going back and forth with our first dance. Have music picked out for moms and bridal party to walk into...I want something different so just have to get dad to agree. Our walk out song is "Best Day of My Life" by the American Authors.

Love the idea of September.....never thought of that. We are working on a Frank Sinatra impersonator for the cocktail hour so might have him sing when we are introduced.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)
  • Options
    My fiance and I have a very diverse love for music and are having a hard time with this as well. We've compiled a huge list of songs that we would both love to hear at important parts of the day, and once we've picked the best ones the rest will get mixed into the playlist for the reception.

I think all those options are great! LOVE September! I might have to add this to the list of songs we are considering for our entrance at the reception :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards