Wedding Party
Options

My Matron of Honor refuses to get a babysitter for the wedding

Re: My Matron of Honor refuses to get a babysitter for the wedding

• Options

Kanye for the win!

• Options
    Also, show of hands: Who wants to take advice on how to treat people from someone who is loosing friends and family members for their poor treatment of them?

Or is the hottest new wedding trend "How many people can we hurt with this hot mess?"
    If these people can't handle whatever I need to do to make the magic inherent in a wedding, they need to get out of my life anyway.
  • Options
    I think my wedding day was the least selfish day I have ever had.  I was too worried about everyone else and making sure that all our guests had a good time.  I mean the entire planning process was thinking about others and what would make them happy.
    Yep, me too!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options

I will never in my life understand why people have to be so hurtful and disrespectful to people that are putting themselves out there and asking for advice.

She came here looking for advice and if she wants to be selfish on her wedding day...SHE CAN BE!

Your wedding day is supposed to be special and magical and everything you want it to be. You're allowed to be a tad bit selfish.

I agree with one of the commenters that maybe she can suggest bringing someone along to watch the baby that the parents are comfortable with. I think that would be the best option for this whole situation.

I also understand where she is coming from though. I had to make the decision to replace my maid of honor because she was having a baby and couldn't devote as much time to me as I would have liked and she was always putting the guilt trip on me for having my wedding the same year she was having a baby. And every single day I am more and more confident with my decision.

Go ahead and call me what you want but no one fully knows the situation. Nor do you fully understand what this girl is going through either.

No one has any right to judge her and if you didn't have any solid advice for her you shouldn't have even commented on this post at all. Keep your negative, rude and hurtful comments to yourself. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if it was you in her place.

1) On things that don't impact the way you treat your guests, absolutely.  You want candelabra centerpieces?  GO FOR IT!  Cupcake tower?  ROCK ON.  Treat your nearest and dearest like wedding slaves?  HELL NO.  I mean, you CAN do a lot of shitty things, but don't be surprised when people are offended and look at you in a new bridezilla light.

2) You probably won't have to worry about those guilt trips anymore, because I doubt she'll be speaking to you after minimizing your relationship by boiling it down to how much time she could devote to you while simultaneously growing a tiny human.
  • Options
    Boy, was I late to the party on this since it blew up. I'm just getting to the last page and am already on my second cup of coffee.

And I wanna be one of @PrettyGirlLost 's flying bitch monkeys.
    (P.S. THIS IS PROBABLY SARCASM, for those of you big, important people who don't have time to analyze sarcasm)

I totally missed the sarcasm...
  • Options
    ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Boy, was I late to the party on this since it blew up. I'm just getting to the last page and am already on my second cup of coffee.

And I wanna be one of @PrettyGirlLost 's flying bitch monkeys.
    (P.S. THIS IS PROBABLY SARCASM, for those of you big, important people who don't have time to analyze sarcasm)

I totally missed the sarcasm...
    Yes, it's REALLY REALLY hard to figure out, apparently. Just ask our mods.
  • Options
    First one of you to bring me ruby slippers and a cosmo gets to wear the red fez and the vest. . . GO!

GIVE ME THE VEST!
  • Options
    First one of you to bring me ruby slippers and a cosmo gets to wear the red fez and the vest. . . GO!

GIVE ME THE VEST!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This is discrimination against the alternative beauty parrot lifestyle.

You guys are mean.
    I'm the wicked fucking witch, what did you expect?!

I'm not gonna go all Glinda on yo ass!

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

You guys are mean.

I recant my steam-powered casserole. Alternative power-sourced food containers are only for nice people who support me.
    It's not my fault I'm this way, though!  How about some compassion for the green lady.  Anyone?  Anyone?

• Options

You guys are mean.

I recant my steam-powered casserole. Alternative power-sourced food containers are only for nice people who support me.
    It's not my fault I'm this way, though!  How about some compassion for the green lady.  Anyone?  Anyone?
    Get these two a seat on Oprah.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    I resent being called someone's flying monkey.

I am a beautiful primate-shaped parrot.
    And I am not a Flying Monkey either, I AM GODDAMNED WILTING DELICATE FUCKING FLOWER!
    You shush, and bring me those goddamned ruby slippers!
    I'm wearing the ruby slippers. They go with my outfit.
  • Options

You guys are mean.

• Options
    MagicInk said:
    I resent being called someone's flying monkey.

I am a beautiful primate-shaped parrot.
    And I am not a Flying Monkey either, I AM GODDAMNED WILTING DELICATE FUCKING FLOWER!
    You shush, and bring me those goddamned ruby slippers!
    I'm wearing the ruby slippers. They go with my outfit.
    You were wearing them. . . Ashley gave them to me along with a cosmo earlier.  I guess you'll need a new outfit now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards