Hawaii

Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa!!!!

I will be having my wedding December 2015 and have been searching for wedding venues for approximately 85-100 guests! Does anyone have experience with the Sheraton Maui Resort? If so, how was it? Any pro's &/or con's about this location?

I NEED ALL THE HELP/OPINIONS I CAN GET!!

Thank you in advance! ;)

Re: Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa!!!!

• hchaiyhchaiy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I visited bunch of hotels in Maui in January to scope out our venue. Went to Westin, Sheraton, Marriott Wailea, Fairmont, and Ritz Carlton. 

Although we initially thought we wanted Sheraton before the actual trip (looked nice, affordable for everyone), it was our least favorite in person: 

- It may be slightly more affordable than Westin or Marriott Wailea, but only marginally so. 
    - The hotel itself is very dated and super family oriented (lots of kids everywhere). 
    - The venues we toured were not that great: the ceremony sites (Black Rock point and another one I can't recall) we toured were all RIGHT NEXT to hotel rooms, so no privacy at all. But we were looking at venues for 50-ish guests, so you may have other venue options at the hotel that we didn't see. 
    - Location is good though. Lots of other hotels, Whaler's Village is close and snorkeling is supposed to be good on the beach. But Kaanapali is generally very touristy area, so keep that in mind (I didn't care for it so much).

All in all I was very glad that I visited and ruled this one out pretty quickly..
    I think Westin and Marriott Wailea would be nice comparable options in the similar price range, although I liked Marriott better (esp. if you have a larger party their rooftop reception area might work out well for you).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards