Wedding Woes
Options

Yay Thursday

The end of the week is in sight.  :D 

Around 2:10 this morning, the kiddo got up and used the bathroom.  Not typical, but not out of the realm for him.  However, after a few minutes, I realize his bedroom door is open and his light is on.  I hear him in the kitchen.  I go down and I'm all, "Uhm...What are YOU doing?" He says, "My alarm went off.  It's time to get up."  I said, "Uhm, it's 2am. Did you not look at the time?" He's all, "Uhh...I forgot!"  He has a phone and there's 2 clocks in the kitchen.  I was all, "Just go back to bed."  SMH  Teenagers. 

DefConn is the biggest freaking slowpoke in the morning.  And he not only is slow, but he sits there and sings little made-up songs while I'm all, "Can you please put your pants on?!" And then he's all, "OOOKKKAAAYYYY!!!" when I'm trying to move him along. 

The story about my friend's attack hit the local news. They didn't name her.  But of course it's all, "Jogger attacked in neighborhood!  How to stay safe while jogging!" 1st, she's a runner, not a 'jogger'.  Second, why isn't the story, "Hey creeps, don't fucking attack innocent people?!"  

My GS cookies are in. :D  And they are trying to pass a bill to have alcohol sales on Sunday here. It's the closest it's ever been to passing.  YAY!  (of course, the bill isn't going to pass w/o some stupid restrictions because our state is ran by stick up their ass repubs).  

Re: Yay Thursday

• Options
    MIL and sFIL are coming to watch the kids so I can go to the dentist and M2's Valentine party.  MIL commented if they didn't have a basketball game the night before they would have come over so they didn't have to leave so early (7am).  I dodged a bullet there!
  • Options
    I have to buy fruit roll ups for DD1's valentine party tomorrow.  She insisted on taking them.  I have never bought them for the kids - she had one ONE time at school when someone brought them and now she can't stop begging for them.

Today is my dad's birthday.  The big ol' 6-2.  I feel a little bad about not going to his birthday dinner with the rest of the family tonight, but it's almost 2 hours away.  They don't expect us to make the trip and have a very late night, though.  We'll see them on Saturday when they come to DD1's basketball game.
  • Options
    It's funny what they get stuck on food-wise.  We've definitely gone through those phases with DefConn and the kiddo. 
  • Options
    H is away until late tonight. But he left me 3 cards and a birthday present. 1 card from him, 1 from PF and 1 from PF and 2.0. It was really sweet to open them this morning.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night. I woke up once at 2am and fell back to sleep. I think. Sleep is elusive these days and I can never tell if I'm sleeping or not.

So sleepy.
  • Options
    Morning. I am dying, I know it. I probably have measles ebola or something. I got up and went to the gym which was a huge mistake because driving home, I was certain I was going to die. I am probably being overly dramatic but I don't care. I guess this is what it feels like being a man.

DS brought his Valentine's day stuff to daycare as they are doing their party today. He made everyone cards last night which consisted of him drawing a picture of himself with his name and a heart.

I'm going to work but I'll probably end up dead at my desk.
  • Options
    PMeg819 said:
    Morning. I am dying, I know it. I probably have measles ebola or something. I got up and went to the gym which was a huge mistake because driving home, I was certain I was going to die. I am probably being overly dramatic but I don't care. I guess this is what it feels like being a man.

I'm going to work but I'll probably end up dead at my desk.
    I know you might be dying, PMeg, but thank you for making me laugh.  B/c I'm about ready to murder DH at this point.

Varuna: "Are you feeling better?"
    Varuna's Baby DH: "Not really."
    Varuna: "Really, b/c you're able to stand up and walk and eat without puking, so that seems better."
    Varuna's Baby DH: "I mean, yeah I feel a lot better than I did on Saturday, but I'm not back to normal."
    *irrational anger surge brought on by stress and exhaustion by Varuna*
  • Options
    Meg, don't die. We need you....
  • Options
    Varuna, I think we live with the same man.  One of my co-workers is fond of saying, "they're all the same, just a different face".  I don't believe that all the time, but that sure sounds familiar!
  • Options
    Also, DD insisted on making her own Valentine's and they are the sweetest things.  It was hard not to micromanage their creation, but I somehow managed to do it.   She used a stamp I have that says "You're Sweet!" and she asked if I had one that says "You're Sweet and Kind!"    Her sweetness almost killed me dead.
    This is how DD was with her V-Day party invitations.  She was all "This is a picture of R, and she's holding balloons and smiling because she's at my party.  And I'm going to put the cupcake stamp on it and give her three cupcakes, because I think she really likes cupcakes."  And then she bedazzled the shit out of them, so many stick-on jewels that I was afraid to put them through the USPS.

We went with scratch-and-sniffs for the class valentines, though.  I don't want to think about how long it would take her to crank out 20, andplusalso, 80's nostalgia.  (Mello Smello, y'all!) 
  • Options
    DD cranked out 30 of those suckers, each took way too long and I was having a perfectionist meltdown behind her back the whole time.  I literally had to sit on my hands.
  • Options
    *stands in the "I love Pmeg" line and takes a number*

That made me LOL, and even though I say "LOL" that rarely happens.  So thanks...I guess I'm enjoying overly dramatic Pmeg.

I've been having some really weird dreams...I think I dreamt something weird early this morning and nearly woke up and told H immediately, of course I can't remember now. 

Also, H was told yesterday he has a 'bulging disc' in his lumbar region by his chiro, but this is without a scan, so now he's on this "my back hurts, I'm so tired, ouch" thing---and I didn't appropriately pat his hand or validate his fears, so I got in trouble. Granted I was surrounded by 4 coworkers while he told me over the phone, so there is that too.

Whatever, if he wants to actually GET a scan to see or not see, I'm cool with that.
  • Options
    At his (and our age) we probably almost all have bulging discs and some other fancy sounding back problems that is just part of aging.

Of course, I'm in a really dark place right now, so I'd be all, "Suck it up, buttercup, take some Aleve and go!"
  • Options
    DH is not dramatic when it comes to illness, but the kiddo more than makes up for where H 'falls short'.  However, if one of the kids are sick, DH is chicken little + mother hen to the Nth degree.  
  • Options
    The best part was when I came home after bringing the kids to daycare. So let's keep in mind, I got up at 5:30 am, worked out, got the kids dressed and to daycare, then was home around 7:45 am. DH is still sleeping.

DH: "I just feel like I didn't sleep last night, I'm so tired"
    Me: "Yeah, I was up with one of the dogs at 1 am. I don't feel good."
    *insert disgusting description of symptoms*
    DH: "That doesn't sound good. I hope you feel better."

10 minutes later

DH: "What's for dinner tonight?"

eye roll animated GIF
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Acceptable responses:

"I don't know, depends on what YOU'RE making"
    "Your head on a platter"
    "What's the number for the pizza place again?"
  • Options

ftrMrs0 said:
    Acceptable responses:

"I don't know, depends on what YOU'RE making"
    "Your head on a platter"
    "What's the number for the pizza place again?"
    Answer 1 is pretty much my default for those types of questions from him.
  • Options
    DK can be something of a baby when he's sick, but he's not sick very often or very long, so i just deal for a day or 2. He is also a trooper with me feeling under the weather, and made a pretty decent dinner last night (venison sausage, peppers and mushrooms with garlic, steamed broccoli with lemon).

I guess I can't complain. 
  • Options
    Barbie - are you feeling any better?  When is your appointment?
  • Options
    @MNNE - no. I'm giving it a few weeks because it's a hassle to get an appointment (damn troll receptionists want me to see a nurse practitioner before they will make an appointment for the US tech and my doctor - so it ends up being at least 2 appointments, and "ain't nobody got time for that"), and generally the doctors want you to wait a while to see if the cyst resolves itself. What pisses me off is that with my history, needing surgery once (result - 2 cysts, tumor, fibroid all removed), and having more cysts since, that they won't let me get in for the US and doctor without jumping through hoops. 
  • Options
    Dang - seems silly to have to go through the hoops with your history.  Are you able to email or send a message to your Dr. directly?
  • Options

That sucks Barbie.  I hope you feel better soon.

The only time I remember DH being sick is on Christmas Day 2007.  He thought he was having a heart attack so we went to the ER.

• Options
    MNNE - i'll have to ask him next time i see him. ended up going to the ER to get the last cyst diagnosed because i knew they'd do everything at once. (symptoms were a bit worse that time around - may have had a bug on top of the cyst)

my maternal grandmother died of ovarian cancer when i was 6mo old, so I'm generally on top of anything in that area. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards