Destination Weddings Discussions

Generations vs. Azul?

Hey all! Just got engaged and we are starting the selection process.  Anyone getting married at Generations in Riviera Maya or any of the Azul resorts?  Just looking for general overall experiences/ thoughts/ likes/ dislikes!

Thanks!

Re: Generations vs. Azul?

• I am getting married at the El Dorado, which is in the same umbrella of hotels (its their adults only line) and so far, its been a great experience! The wedding planner that I was put in touch with is AMAZING. She is very helpful and gives ideas, suggestions and feedback. I was really worried about getting a cookie cutter wedding but you can customize everything as much or as little as you want. The only 2 things I have found going through the process that are not great are 1) the planners can take a while to get back to you - not their fault as normally, they are waiting on quotes etc, but I can see it getting frustrating if you are on a short timeline. 2) the included wedding option ceremony is very, very bare bones. You can get comparable (and sometimes better basic inclusions) at other resorts. It all depends on what you are looking for and if your budget can accommodate the upgrades you will need.
    Hope this helps! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards