Not Engaged Yet

TGIF!

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY FRIDAY! 

And in my search for Friday dance party gifs, I came across this gem:

Moving on.....

GUESS WHAT!!! I BOUGHT A CAR!!!!! 

I am sooooooo in love with it. So. In. Love. I can't wait for it to be summer so I can cruise around with the top down. But for now, I'll just be enjoying my butt warmer. 

Tonight, H and I are going out for sushi and then continuing our SOA marathon. Sushi night supposed to be our Thursday tradition but we were at the car dealership too late to go last night. 

Tomorrow, I have a WW meeting early and then I'm treating myself to a massage. I'll probably relax for the rest of the day since I cleaned the whole house on Wednesday. I'm supposed to have company over tomorrow night but I haven't heard from any of them so that may or may not still be happening. 

I can't wait to sleep in on Sunday! And Monday! Because I'm off! LIFE IS GOOD. 

Re: TGIF!

• @Swazzle

Sweet car! It's beautiful! Wish I had a butt warmer. And a massage. It's been a while, I miss it.

Work today, and I've got to buy some Valentine's stuff for my dude. Flowers to set the table, a card, some chocolates, all to make a nice arrangement for his V-Day dinner. He loves chicken parmesan, so I'll have to learn to make that, even though I can't stand it, heh. I don't do marinara.

In other news, it's COLD here. COOOOOOLD. My poor doggie doesn't even want to step outside. Is winter over yet?
  • edited February 2015
    HEY PEOPLE!!!

I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately :-( I miss you all and read pretty much every post on here, but haven't had enough time to comment. However, my boss is out for the next couple of weeks, so work may be a teeny bit slower for me! 

@Swazzle - YAY FOR YOUR CAR!!!!!! Also, you are free to sleep in a LITTLE BIT on Sunday, but I hope you get your ass out of bed to come meet up with me so I can see your face and your car :-)

@Ourladyofpotato - My dog jumped out of bed when I got up this morning and ran to the door to be let out. I opened it up and she just stood there like "Uh....no thanks." and then turned around and went right back to bed. Smart pup.

I have a pretty fun weekend planned! Tomorrow FI and I are going to Men's Wearhouse to set up his tux rental. I really want him in a classic black tux because I think he'd look super hot in one, but we'll see if he agrees to that. Then we'll go to FedEx Print Shop to do some test prints of our wedding invitations that I designed on the cardstock I ordered. If it prints well, I'll order more cardstock so I can print them all soon! Tomorrow evening, we'll head into the city to meet up with my best friend and her BF for drinks. I cannot even remember that last time my friend met up with me in the city, so I'm really excited to get to go out with her. 

Sunday I'll be heading into NJ for my makeup trial! Hopefully @Swazzle will meet me there so she can help make sure they make my face look good. I've gotten my makeup done professionally three times in my life, and I have NEVER been happy with it. Hopefully that changes this weekend, so I can book this woman and be done with it. 

The rest of Sunday will be spent hiding from the freezing cold temperatures, and watching The Americans which FI and I are REALLY into right now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Swazzle - Congrats on your new car - I'm jealous of your heated seats and your Monday off!!

Last night our office went out to Dave & Busters, so I got home from work a little late, but it was good times.

My work is putting out their valentine's chocolate spread!  They usually have chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, pretzels, potato-chips, all-other-things-chocolate, cookies, gummies, and lots of other sweets (it's glorious).  I probably should get something more for H, I got him a book he's been eying for awhile and a card.  I know he got me a board game I've been wanting that's pretty hard to find (we're so romantic knowing what we got each other lol).

This weekend, I'm just hoping to catch up on some housework and stay in since it's supposed to be pretty cold - like record breaking cold.

Anniversary
  • Happy Friday!

@swazzle, nice car!

@hummingbird125, so many WR checkmarks!

@dignity100, I'm jealous of your chocolate spread.
    ---
    It's seminar day. It's also the heaviest day of my TOTM and I cannot stand for 50 minutes. I'm going to have to give my seminar sitting down ... ugh, and I cannot explain that. There's a stool up front in the room I'm presenting in; I can use that, but everyone's going to mark me down for it. Ugh ugh ugh.

Otherwise tonight I will continue wrapping ribbon around paper and cursing the invitation designers for not just printing teeny guidelines on the front or back of the backer paper to tell me exactly where to put the ribbon. Thankfully I now know the left edge goes 2-7/16" from the left edge of the paper and the end is 1.75" from the top. This might be anal-retentive. Invitations are a bad activity for me.

Tomorrow FI and I have couples massage and I'm not aware of anything else. Sunday we shop for furniture. Monday we have a plumber if FI manages to find one today.
  • Good morning!

@Swazzle - That gif is magical...and yay for new car! We're picking ours up tonight, I'm excited!

@ourladyofpotato and @Hummingbird125 - It is so flippin' freezing here! -22, feels like -30 with the wind. Supposed to be brutally cold like that all weekend. Frosty.

I am really looking forward to this weekend!

I'm leaving work early today so FI and I can go pick up our new car (YAY!) and then we're just going to hang out and catch up on tv shows tonight I think. Tomorrow FI has hockey and he's going to the car show with his dad for a bit, so I have some time to myself to clean my apartment and do laundry and stuff. I think we're going to go to an early movie tomorrow and then we have a late dinner reservation.

Sunday we're only going to the morning service at church, there's a youth thing in the evening and FI doesn't have to play so we're going to skip I think. We're trying (once again) to go see the house this weekend to take some damn measurements, but we haven't gotten confirmation from our agent yet.

And then Monday is a holiday here! A wonderful government-created fake holiday and I love it because I get a day off. Woohoo!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @ourladyofpotato - It's FREEZING here. Keep warm and enjoy your Valentine's Day!

@hummingbird125 - Sleeping until 9 is sleeping in for me! Find a place for lunch. I'm already starving.

@Dignity100 - OMG that chocolate spread sounds incredible! I want all of what you named, please. 

@KeptInStitches - I did not have the patience to handle my own invitations. I added a belly band with ribbon to mine and even THAT was about to push me over the edge of insanity. Can't wait to see when you're done! 

@lmcooper86 - I can't wait to see your new car! What movie are you going to see?

• @Swazzle - Yeah new car!  Plus you look so pretty in front of said new car.  ;)

@KeptInStitches - Ugh.  They mark you down for sitting while giving a lecture?  That's crazy

@lmcooper6 - Yeah new car too!

@Hummingbird125 - Pics of the trial please?

@Dignity100 - Yum, chocolate. 

@ourladyofpotato - Wow.  You go all out for Valentine's.  I forgot...I feel bad now.  Going to have to get a card for H.

--------------------------------------

Today is stressful at work.  Really stressful.  Next week will be even worse and I am dreading it. I'm going to try to forget about work stress this weekend but I doubt that will happen.  I have no plans this weekend other than working out at least once and maybe picking out curtains for our living room...boring but that's fine by me.

• @swazzle yay for the car! I love it!

I'm actually in a decent mood today, but I think I have a slight cold or something I'm coughing a lot and quite congested.  Luckily no rehearsal tonight.  It is freezing outside today too cold.  I'm so glad it's Friday and I have a 3 day weekend too!  No plans for tonight really. I think H & I will make pizza and just relax.  I have rehearsal tomorrow morning an Sunday afternoon. H made reservations for Valentine's dinner on Sunday.  So I'm looking forward to that.  I have off on Monday but no plans other than sleeping in, reading and heading to whole foods/trader Joe's.

Anniversary

• @Swazzle‌ nice car! It's nice that you have butt warmers AND a convertible!

@ourladyofpotato‌ why the hate on marinara? :( Lol, I hope you're Valentine's Day is fun regardless of unpalatable food. And I hear ya on winter!

@Hummingbird125‌ I hope you love your makeup artist!

@Dignity100‌ your work's Valentine's Day spread sounds really good.

@KeptInStitches‌ ugh your seminar sounds stressful. At least your weekend will be somewhat relaxing!

Good morning y'all. I am laying in bed thinking about getting up because today is my "weekend" since I work tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday. :( Somehow I will get through it because I got a job offer!! It's actually with the organization I used to work for, but I will be at a different unit. It's still palliative care and hospice, but this unit is a lot bigger with a lot of opportunities to learn. I'm excited to go back to something that I know is fulfilling and that I love and feel proud of.

Today I'm going to breakfast with the family, going to a dance class, cooking for the weekend, and looking at apartments! My new job is nights and it's about an hour away from where I live now, so I definitely want to move closer before I start. Life is happening!

And I guess I need to write my resignation letter too. I feel so bad, my new co-workers are lovely, and I swear, they've all said something to the effect of, "It's so great that you've lasted this long, we have such a hard time keeping nurses!" Yeah...oops. maybe it's because they don't get paychecks for months on end...
  • @TwoDimes - Your Valentine's Day dinner sounds incredible even without knowing the entree! Don't forget pics or it didn't happen when you look at dresses tomorrow!

@minskat30 - Thank you :) I hope your workday unstresses a little bit for you. 

• @TwoDimes‌ that sounds like an amazing Valentine's Day! Omg. Your FI is a keeper with a menu like that. What movie are you trying to see? I just saw The Imitation Game and really loved it.

Also, YAY FOR DRESSES! Did you AW pics of the contenders?

@minskat30‌ I'm sorry for the work stress. I hope you're able to get it out of your head and enjoy your weekend.

@Peaseblossom55‌ yuck, sorry you're not feeling well!
  • @CLoGreeneyes Yay for the new job@!

@Twodimes yay for dresses.  Enjoy the Valentine's Day menu!!!

Anniversary

• I HAVE A PLUMBER!!!!!

Monday morning I get a new kitchen sink and a repaired bathroom sink!
  • Congrats on the new car, @Swazzle!

I am only here until 10:00 today, woot!  I am about to go check out all the Valentine's treats in the main office, yum.  I did my work out this morning (Buns!) so I can afford a cookie or two. 

After I leave here at 10:00, I'm going to get my nails done (that's why I wanted to do my work out in the morning, so I don't mess up my nails!) and do all our grocery shopping.  The musicians for the wedding this weekend want to meet at 2:00, so I'll head up to the church then and we'll have practice until the rehearsal starts at 6:00.  I want to bring some water bottles and maybe some snacks for us.  That's a long rehearsal.

Tonight will be the wedding rehearsal (duh), but I haven't heard anything about the dinner, so I don't know if we (the musicians) are invited.  If not, I guess the group of us will go out or something.

Tomorrow is the wedding!  We're getting up to go eat Guatemalan breakfast before we get ready.  The wedding starts at 2:00 PM.  They are just having light snacks at the reception (and really, I only care about CAKE) so I am picking up some filet mignon (on sale at Sprouts) to cook us for a Valentine's dinner.  Never tried filet mignon, any advice?  I think it'll be way too cold to grill.  I plan to have potatoes, asparagus, crusty bread with it.
  • @swazzle That gif just made my week!  I just burst out laughing at my desk. I love your new car! 

ourladyofpotato Just use regular tomato sauce.  Also, THIS recipe is pretty much how I have always made chicken parm. 

Hummingbird125 Fingers crossed this makeup trial is the one they know what they're doing!

Dignity100 all that chocolate is for you to have or purchase? If it is free, I would not leave the table all day.  We have chocolate covered strawberries, but for sale (and I guess no one wanted them this year because we just got an email that there are a lot left). 

CLoGreenEyes Congratulations on the job offer!! Don't feel bad about leaving, they didn't pay you for so long, so they get no sympathy.

TwoDimes Good luck with the dress search!

I saw a recipe for vodka soaked chocolate covered strawberries, so the romantic in me is going to make them tonight.  I may share them with my bf.  We ended up not working on the house last night because it was too cold (not that today is any better).  We may make an attempt to work on it tonight, but that is a big if since the wind chill advisory is -25.  

• @Swazzle YAY! Congrats on the new car!! I love it!

@ourladyofpotato I don't understand your marinara hate. :( Chicken parm is so good!

@KeptInStitches Good luck with the invitations! DIYing my programs and stuff was more than enough for me and I didn't even have to do any ribbon threading or gluing or anything. I just printed them and cut them out.

@lmcooper86 and everyone else with a Monday holiday - I'm super jealous. H has the day off too and it's so unfair!

@Dignity100 I'd say send some of that chocolate my way but I'm totally fat, especially after all the pad thai I ate last night...so it'd probably be better if you didn't. :(

It's Friday y'all!!!!!!! I'm so glad! This week has seriously sucked and I can't wait for it to be over. Tonight I'm going to a byob painting thing with my friend. I need to hit up the grocery store to pick up wine, and some fruit and snacks so we can have munchies while we paint.

This morning we had a contractor come by the house to check out our heater. The unit is over 27 years old and it still seems to run well enough, but not really great. He said we could probably put some work in to it but there isn't much they could do to make it better and we'd probably be better off replacing it. So, that's what we we're doing! H got a pretty awesome bonus this week and next week we'll have a new heater and AC installed. Yay for practical spending I guess?? I still wish I was getting a convertible like @Swazzle though. At least we'll apparently see a minimum of a 30% reduction in our monthly heating and cooling bill with the new units....

No big plans for Valentine's Day. I think I might pick up a pork butt at the grocery store so we can have pulled pork and brussel sprouts for dinner tomorrow night. Otherwise we plan to spend the weekend doing work on the house, which ought to mean major progress on getting the walls done. We're about to start on the really messy part - sanding the walls and I'm not looking forward to the clean up.

Monday I have to work.....

• @TwoDimes Pictures or it didn't happen! For real this time too!!! At least show us the styles you're looking at? What are your current top two? I'm desperate for some wedding dress AW!

@CLoGreenEyes Congrats on the new job! I'm really happy for you! The situation with your current job is absolutely ridiculous and I'm glad you're moving on.

@beanbot2002 I love those pictures! Especially of No-UH on Desi! He's so cute!

• @CocoBellaF - I've made filet mignon twice and both times I basically followed THIS recipe (she must have revamped it or something) and it came out PERFECTLY. 

@speakeasy14 - I want to hear all about these vodka chocolate covered strawberries! 

@labro - Take pics of all of your progress on the house! I can't wait to see it. And with all the savings from your heating/cool bill you should get a convertible too :)

• @beanbot2002 - Omg how did I miss your post?! I seriously just love your family. Your kids are perfection. And I miss you so much. You look like a baby in that picture with Baby Bean! Have fun at brunch!!!

• Morning everyone! 

@swazzle, I love your new car! 
    @CloGreenEyes-Congrats on the new job, you deserve to get paid for your work!
    @CocoBellla-Yay wedding!! You're going to have the best weekend!
    @BeanBot20002-I love the pictures of the kids and horses!
    @everyone who has Monday off, I'm jealous!

I'm a little grumpy today, since here, they delayed schools for, get this....COLD. It's not even THAT unbearably cold here. It's 17 and windy, but heaven forbid the kids have to bundle up or be cold at the bus stop. School delays mean my staff come in a little later, which isn't too bad in the mornings. But seriously, a COLD delay??

Tomorrow BF and I are running a Valentine's Day 5K in the morning (his first, I'm glad he's finally going to meet all my running friends!), and then tomorrow night he's cooking me dinner. He's not too much of a cook, but I'm flattered that he's going to try. 
    Sunday will be my get everything done around the house day. My dishwasher broke, so I've got to see if I can get someone out to fix it next week. I miss when appliances used to last forever. My parents have been in their house 25 years, and still have the same fully functional dishwasher we had when I was a kid. I've been in my house 3 years, and my new high efficiency dishwasher already has a broken seal. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed (it looks like it can be) and that they don't tell me I need a new dishwasher.
  • @Swazzle -YAY!!! Congratulations! Love the car!!

@beanbot2002 -You have the cutest kids ever!!

@Clogreeneyes -Congratulations on your job offer!! How exciting!

We don't have much going on tonight. DH is going bowling after school and I may or may not go work out. I'm not feeling too hot this morning.

Tomorrow I plan on making pancakes for breakfast because I've been craving some chocolate chip pancakes. We have someone interested in our car that we are selling so we are meeting up with them to discuss details. Then tomorrow night DH and I are going out to dinner in the city to a restaurant I've never been to. It's supposed to be pretty good.

Sunday we may go look at more homes. We found one that we like but I still really love the one we saw last weekend. We will see.
  • @TwoDimes I see two pictures of the four at least! That's a gorgeous dress! What's the other one like style-wise? You definitely have the body to pull off whatever shape you like!

• @TwoDimes I see a couple pictures and from what you posted, that dress is GORGEOUS! I love the back of it!
  • @Swazzle - YAY for your new car!! I seriously think the seat warmer is my favorite feature in my car. I use it a lot. I just wish it also had a seat cooler for the summer. That's a thing you know.

@LaBro - Have fun tonight boozy painting! I really need to do that again soon.

@beanbot2002 - OMG I love those pics! Bean can stop growing now, mkay? And look at No-Uh, I want to snuggle his face right off!

----------------------------------------------

Today is our 5th Monthiversary! Ok, we don't actually celebrate the months we've been married, but I do keep track. Friday the 13ths are usually really good days for me, I'm hoping this one won't let me down. Also, H turns 30 in exactly 1 month! I really need to plan something for that.

I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend other than the race tomorrow. I was really wanting it to be warmer this weekend so we could enjoy some sunshine and warm weather at the beach beforehand, but that's not going to happen.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Swazzle - DUH, Skinnytaste.  What was I thinking??
  • @swazzle vodka chocolate covered strawberries (clicky)

• @TwoDimes Dress #1 definitely makes a statement! I LOVE the lace and the keyhole style back on you! #2 is pretty too, but #1 just stands out. You look so beautiful!

• @twodimes I am a sucker for keyhole/open back style dresses, so obviously I adore the keyhole dress. Both dresses look amazing on you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards