Chit Chat
Options

Dear me,

Re: Dear me,

• Options
    DaniBites said:
    • When the lady at MAC Cosmetics offers you a job modeling, take it.  Don't skip it to be in your choir show.  You'll be quitting shortly
    • Drink more water.  It seems to be the key to clearing up that persistent adult acne
    • Go out more with your fun friends before you're old and tired.
    • Stop trying so hard.
    • It doesn't matter if boys like you
    • Tell you dad how much you love him on April 11th.  He's going to kill himself and maybe you can save him. 
    NONONONONONONONONONO.

Dear current DaniBites: YOU DO NOT CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOICES. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL GUILT OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THINGS WHICH ARE NOT YOUR FAULT.
    QFT.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

• When you're a freshman in college and a store offers you 15% off if you open up a credit card with them, do not do it.  You are not responsible enough to have five credit cards, now or ever. 

• Options
    DaniBites said:
    • When the lady at MAC Cosmetics offers you a job modeling, take it.  Don't skip it to be in your choir show.  You'll be quitting shortly
    • Drink more water.  It seems to be the key to clearing up that persistent adult acne
    • Stop trying so hard.
    • Tell you dad how much you love him on April 11th.  He's going to kill himself and maybe you can save him. 
    NONONONONONONONONONO.

Dear current DaniBites: YOU DO NOT CONTROL OTHER PEOPLE'S CHOICES. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL GUILT OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THINGS WHICH ARE NOT YOUR FAULT.
    This, a million times over this.

I attempted suicide twice. My parents always told me they loved me. My brothers always told me they loved me. My issues were internal. Yes there were external factors, but honestly...I was in an incredibly dark and painful place.
  • Options
    Dear young ShesSoCold,

Korn is not good music. You're better than that. 

Love, 
    Old ShesSoCold

Your old ShesSoCold needs to tell my FI this, the old one and the current one. ;)
  • Options
    ***hugs to you @DaniBites***
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dear young ShesSoCold,

Love, 
    Old ShesSoCold

Your old ShesSoCold needs to tell my FI this, the old one and the current one. ;)
    I listened to Korn in HS and liked them. And then recently I downloaded a few songs, and I was like WTF is the garbage!!?!?!?

Also, hugs Dani. I'm so sorry. Please try not to hold on to the guilt. I know it's hard. 
  • Options
    Dear young ShesSoCold,

Love, 
    Old ShesSoCold

I listened to Korn in HS and liked them. And then recently I downloaded a few songs, and I was like WTF is the garbage!!?!?!?

Also, hugs Dani. I'm so sorry. Please try not to hold on to the guilt. I know it's hard. 
    H and I tried to listen to Korn a year or so ago. We just laughed. We still knew some of the words. 

I need to locate some Limp Bizkit and see if I remember words. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Thanks for the love everyone, I've been in a funk about it lately <3

Also is it bad that I saw Korn over the summer?  LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DaniBites said:
    Thanks for the love everyone, I've been in a funk about it lately <3

Also is it bad that I saw Korn over the summer?  LOL
    YES.

Also, love and hugs from me too. I understand how you feel but I hope you understand that others' emotions and struggles are out of your control. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    DaniBites said:
    • Stop trying so hard.
    NONONONONONONONONONO.

This, a million times over this.

I attempted suicide twice. My parents always told me they loved me. My brothers always told me they loved me. My issues were internal. Yes there were external factors, but honestly...I was in an incredibly dark and painful place.
    Aw I love you, Ink, and I'm so glad you're here. I'm sorry you had to go through all the trauma. 

You too, Dani. I'm so sorry, but it's not your fault. Hugs. 
  • Options
    @Danibites,

It was not, and never will have been your fault.  You are not responsible for the choice your father made.  I am so sorry for your loss. *Hugs*

• Options
    Love you Dani and MagicInk, hugs

To former self
    - don't waste that first year in Okinawa hating it, by the time you leave you'll wish you were staying

- Revel in being weird, it makes you who you are and the guys that don't understand that are assholes.

- Don't agree to be with someone just because no one else asks. You really don't like them like that and you're just wasting their time and will end up hurting them.

- Your parents' divorce is their own problem, when your mom starts using you for support and a shoulder to cry on tell her NO. It will only make it harder to extricate yourself later, and you really don't need to hear those things about dad.

- When you try to move out at 19, try going somewhere closer, it sucks being 2000 miles away from your family when your living situation turns to shit and you have no where to go.

- The awkward stage is short lived you'll grow into those long lanky limbs.

- Don't go with your boyfriend to senior prom, he's a sucky date you'll have way more fun going with the guys in a group.

- Learn to respect yourself, you are smart, pretty and have so much ahead of you.

- That guy that Randy introduces you to at the peprally is going to be your future husband, don't waste two years being friends just because you're afraid, once you jump in you'll learn so much about yourself and how relationships should be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    falsara said:
    • Your parents' divorce is their own problem, when your mom starts using you for support and a shoulder to cry on tell her NO. It will only make it harder to extricate yourself later, and you really don't need to hear those things about dad.
    I spent about four years hating my dad because of this exact thing.  My mom used me (when I was 14) as someone to talk to about their problems.  I love her so much, but she shouldn't have done that.  She damaged my relationship with my dad for years and years and he and I still aren't as close as I wish we were.

• Options
    falsara said:
    • Your parents' divorce is their own problem, when your mom starts using you for support and a shoulder to cry on tell her NO. It will only make it harder to extricate yourself later, and you really don't need to hear those things about dad.
    I spent about four years hating my dad because of this exact thing.  My mom used me (when I was 14) as someone to talk to about their problems.  I love her so much, but she shouldn't have done that.  She damaged my relationship with my dad for years and years and he and I still aren't as close as I wish we were.
    Yea, I was 18.  I thought that since I was the 'adult', my sister was 16, it was better that mom talk to me rather than her.  I didn't realize what kind of effect that would have.  It certainly didn't help my relationship with dad, even though that relationship already wasn't at it's best.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Dear self...

...do not - I repeat, do not - follow a boy to Texas after high school. Better yet, don't follow a boy anywhere. And, there's really no reason to ever go to Texas.

Rude.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dear self...

...do not - I repeat, do not - follow a boy to Texas after high school. Better yet, don't follow a boy anywhere. And, there's really no reason to ever go to Texas.

Rude.
    Oops - I don't dislike aaaallll of Texas. Guess I should've clarified with, "And, there's really no reason to ever go to Texas...unless you're going to Austin, then that's cool."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Austin IS pretty badass.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Dear self...

Rude.
    Oops - I don't dislike aaaallll of Texas. Guess I should've clarified with, "And, there's really no reason to ever go to Texas...unless you're going to Austin, then that's cool."
    I have no desire to ever go to Texas. Extreme heat, republicans, and guns are not my deal. No thank you very much. I'll stay up here, above the bible belt.
  • Options

esstee33 said:
    I'm about 99% in the "meh, my mistakes made me a better person, and I wouldn't change any of them" boat, except: 

Dear me, 

Fucking him (or him, or him, or him, either) won't make him love you. It won't make you love yourself, either. 

Your mother and sister are mentally unstable, and they will never treat you like a human being worthy of love, and they will always be cruel to you. Even though it's scary to walk away, once you do, you'll wish you'd done it sooner. Don't be afraid to be alone, ever. You're your best company. 

Listen to the people who do tell and show you how much you mean to them. They do actually mean it and aren't saying it just to be nice, whatever your insecurities tell you. If someone makes you work for their attention and affection, you don't mean as much to them as you wish you did. 

Be weird, always. Fly your freak flag. It's the best thing about you. 
    Love this.  
  • Options
    I like this thread.

Dear younger and stupid self

•listen to your mom. She was not being lame and stupid. She is a very wise woman and was completely right about what she is saying.

• do not cave to the peer pressure. If you say no this one time it will save you from all the other major mistakes you are going to make.

• Insist on the MRI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards