Chit Chat

Baby William Update (Now with more update)

BlergbotBlergbot member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2015 in Chit Chat
Some of you may have read about my crazy Friday night on the TGIF thread. My water broke 7 weeks early and I'm now in the hospital until little Will is born, which will be Wednesday at the latest. He will then be in the NICU for two or three weeks, probably.

The first night I didn't get any sleep, and they put me on magnesium sulfate, which is some nasty shit. It gave me the worst headaches and generally just made me feel like crap. Very important stuff, though. It protects baby's brain and slows contractions, which I was having without feeling them. Last night they took me off of it, and I feel soooo much better. I also pretty much slept through the night last night, so overall I'm feeling good. 

I had an ultrasound yesterday, and things were looking good. Baby had plenty of fluid still, and he was just swimmig around in there.

So this is some pretty heavy stuff for me, but I'm in good hands and things could be worse. I appreciate any thoughts and support you can offer. Fingers crossed that we make it to Wednesday!

Re: Baby William Update (Now with more update)

• Fingers crossed! Sounds like everything is under control. Hope baby stays put for a little while longer. 
  • Fingers crossed for you and baby William.

Anniversary
  • Fingers crossed.
    Are they keeping you entertained?
    Anniversary

• I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can and that both of you are in good health.  Keep us updated!
  • T and P to you and little William, I'm glad to hear things are looking good at this point, and that you're feeling better after they got you off the medicine. Hope his stay in NICU is short and that you're getting lots of rest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh no! Scary stuff, Blerg!! Glad everything seems to have settled and it sounds like you are in great hands. Hopefully baby W will stay put until Wednesday, and he'll be born a warrior having to spend only a short time in NICU. Lots of hugs and thoughts and prayers flowing your way mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fingers crossed.
    Are they keeping you entertained?

Haha. Nope. It's crazy boring. But at least it's just a week and not a month or something!
  • Will just can't wait to come out and meet you! I hope he stays in there to cook just as long as he can, and I'm glad you're in good hands!

• You seem to be handling a scary situation with a lot of grace. Sending good vibes to you and baby William for a safe, healthy birth and full, swift recovery for both of you!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I'm sorry they put you on nasty meds, but I'm glad Baby William is doing okay! He's just excited to meet Mommy and Daddy.

Thinking about you!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Good luck!! He's in really great hands. I've had 2 friends recently have babies at 30 weeks and they were in the NICU much longer and they are doing excellent now. Willy should be juuuust fine, but I still know how scary it is. Keep us posted when you get a chance. 

• Oh goodness, that's scary. I hope everything goes very smoothly from here on out! Your body knows what's best, so I'm glad they took you off the icky stuff. 

Thoughts and prayers to you and your little guy!
  • Thoughts to you and William for staying healthy through this.  

• Thinking of you and the little guy! With that level of cool headed thinking you're going to be a great momma!
  • Oh wow. I'm sorry you're going through so much, but it sounds like you have such an amazing attitude. Sending tons of good vibes your way. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible and I wish you and little Will all the luck in the world!
  • Thinking of you and baby!
    Stay in there Will. :)
  • T&P for you and baby will!
  • Fingers crossed! You are in the best place. Sending T&P's to you and Will

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2015
    Sending you and Will good vibes! Keep cooking in there baby!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hope he decides to stay in there for a few more weeks! Best wishes for you and your LO!
  • Very scary! It sounds like you are in good hands. I'm sure everything will be fine when he's born. Here's hoping for a little but very, very healthy baby!
  • Sorry you're going through this, that is terrifying!  But I'm glad to hear he's doing well.  T & Ps to both of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is a terrifying situation but I'm so glad we live in a time that early babies can be taken care of. Praying for you and baby William as he makes his arrival!

• Sending healthy baby thoughts your way!  Stay in there a little longer, William!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Sending good thoughts your way! FI's nephew was born about six weeks early and spend about ten days in the NICU just to fatten him up a bit. Happiest and healthiest baby now almost three years later! Take care!
  • Sending you T & P!  

• I prayed for y'all tonight at church. Keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards