Massachusetts-Boston

Small Budget Big Wedding, Venue ideas?

I am looking to have a wedding for a little less that 150 people and my budget is 15,000. Any suggestions as to a venue and package? I plan on doing the bouquets myself and the center pieces will be thrifted.

Any ideas?

Re: Small Budget Big Wedding, Venue ideas?

• Do you know around where you'd like to have it? Or what you're looking for? We had about the same budget and looked at venues in the South Shore area, as they were much cheaper ($40-50 per plate). We have 110 on the guest list though, which made it much cheaper. 

The Lafrance Hospitality company owns several venues in the Westport area with pretty reasonable packages. We also looked at Chamberlain Farm in Berkley, which was in the $40 range. Their open-bar was pay-per consumption.

For dresses, Party Dress Express and Gilda's in Fall River both have alterations in the dress price, which helped. Plus the prices were reasonable anyway. 
  • sal2016smm - 

I'm getting married at Blissful Meadows Golf Club in Uxbridge, MA (http://www.blissfulmeadows.com/weddings). They include a LOT in their package and you can pick and choose things to suit your needs. I suggest emailing Melissa there - she's been GREAT to deal with! Her email, which is listed on the website, is [email protected].

I hear Zuka's Hilltop Barn in Spencer, MA is also affordable. My sister got married there and it's absolutely beautiful - just not sure on pricing specs.

Happy venue hunting! Don't hesitate to ask any questions :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @allyballyoop I have been a bridesmaid in 2 weddings at Blissful Meadows. You will love it! Honestly, most wedding places have not so great food but the food there is fantastic. My dad & I think all chicken is dry and we raved about the chicken (it was the only option on my brother's buffet). The other wedding, I had prime rib and it was so good.

• edited February 2015
    We're working within the same budget and guest count and will be getting married at The Ranch Golf Club in Southwick, MA! Never saw myself getting married at a golf club, but they have a gorgeous restored barn and their dining packages are excellent. On-site catering with a farm-to-table philosophy. The event coordinator can be hard to contact, but he's very kind and accommodating!

(Edited for spelling)
  • @jenna8984 That's so great to hear! I've seen nothing but good reviews about the food. Can't wait for our tasting :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just made this suggestion elsewhere, but Black Swan Country Club in Georgetown is very pretty and very reasonable, especially if you're looking for a Friday/Sunday date.

http://events.blackswancountryclub.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards