Registry and Gift Forum

Wedding Party Gifts

edited February 2015 in Registry and Gift Forum
FI and I are having trouble thinking of gifts for our wedding party. We want to keep it under $20 per person because we have 12 people total, not counting our parents whom we'd also like to get gifts for. For my bridesmaids I'm thinking about getting them each a mini-bottle of wine, an engraved wine glass and writing them a handwritten note, but we don't know about the groomsmen. I suggested maybe a cigar for each of them and a mini bottle of some type of alcohol (obviously, we're drinkers) but FI says not all of them smoke and he doesn't know what drink they would like to have. I also suggested maybe getting them handkerchiefs with their initials monogrammed but FI says that's too old fashioned. Any other ideas? 

ETA: This thread may not be in teh right place. I apologize. Upon further browsing, I think 'gifts' probably is referring to gifts for the couple getting married.
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Party Gifts

• @southernbelle0915 It makes me nervous turning this over to FI lol I'm worried we are going to be running all over town the night before the wedding trying to find gifts for these guys! I'm working on letting go...

Thanks for those ideas, it does help with the girls since I know them. I'll share this info with FI and let him decide on what to get each guy.
    Anniversary

• @southernbelle0915 It makes me nervous turning this over to FI lol I'm worried we are going to be running all over town the night before the wedding trying to find gifts for these guys! I'm working on letting go...

Thanks for those ideas, it does help with the girls since I know them. I'll share this info with FI and let him decide on what to get each guy.
    Sounds like a plan. 

I mean, I get that they're standing up in y'alls wedding, but really, they're standing up on HIS side. And HE is responsible for properly thanking them. He is an adult and you're his wife, not his mom. Let him figure this out.
    *********************************************************************************

• if you're worried he will wait until the last minute why not pick some time this weekend or one coming up and say "let's knock out the bridal party gifts", give him a few days notice to think about what he wants and then go get it purchased/ordered/whatever.
  • Ditto Southernbelle. Find a gift each person would like- that can still get you under $20.

P.S. I LOVE your siggy GIF!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards