Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited February 2015 in Wedding Woes
So who's snowed/iced in?

We're not.  :)  Everyone went back to school and work today after yesterday's shitshow.  DH is starting to feel better.  DefConn's on quite a cocktail of drugs.  I hope his ear clears up soon.  He freaks the hell out when you try to even look at it.  :( 

DefConn did cry at drop-off.  No matter what I tell myself/understand intellectually, tears at drop-off make me feel like shit every.single.time.  I run out of there because it doesn't help him and I can only take so much before I want to scoop him up and take him with me. 

It felt warmer this morning at 10 degrees and no wind than it did Saturday at 20-ish degress and 30-40 MPH winds (with gusts up to 55 MPH). 

FIL's 60th bday is this week and we're supposed to go to my IL's on Saturday for his party.  DH's uncle who lives in San Fran is going to be in town.  I haven't seen him in a few years.  He's one of my faves in DH's family.   

IDK if he's met DefConn or not...I don't think so.   Oh this will be more fun.  I hope DefConn loves him. 

Re: Morning

• Options
    I'm annoyed at my laptop battery.  It cannot be off the charger for two minutes before it dies, even though it shows it's at 100%.  I prefer to take the computer to the printer to get my work done so I'm not getting up a thousand times while I'm working.  And we have the charger plugged in behind the couch, coming through underneath (easier to hide), so I can't bring it with me every time I need to move the computer.  

I had this problem with a previous battery and bought this cheap one on Amazon.  I don't even know how long they are supposed to last/work well.  I've had two in 3 years.  FWP, yo.
  • Options
    That's lame, Taw.  I find that every laptop battery does that eventually. 
  • Options
    It's snowing again. I'm at work with PF waiting for my mom to get here to take her.

H and I had a HUGE fight Sunday and I'm all unsettled and icky feeling due to the cause of the fight and the fight itself. He's out of town this week. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

Our AMAZING babysitter gave us her two weeks on Friday. I'm heartbroken. We love her. And I'm super stressed because I have to find a new sitter without H's input and I have a very limited time to do it. AND how the hell am I going to find someone who only wants a job for the next 12ish weeks? I just need the person every day until the baby is born and then I'll only need them one or two days a week. If that.
  • Options
    @conn - Did DefConn get tubes? It seems like he has a crazy amount of ear infections. poor kid. 

I am sitting in my completely dark office trying to work until my battery dies. (I'm at 41%, so maybe 45 minutes). Half of our building is without power, so if i can't plug in and they don't restore it soon, I'm going to need to go home. (Which sucks since my afternoon class requires me to attend in person, and I have no idea what they're going to do due to the power situation. I don't want to make 2 round trips in one day.)

My ILs are leaving today. We had a nice visit overall, but I'm looking forward to getting my house back. 
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited February 2015
    We are far enough north that we didn't get the ice and snow, just frigid temps. 

DH and I met with the study doctor yesterday afternoon to go over results.  The liver biopsies showed nothing concerning. Yay!  However, the CT showed a mass beside my appendix (likely benign) and that will have to be addressed.  I'm seeing a surgeon next Wednesday.  It will likely be done laparoscopically and not need to be done right away so I can plan for a surgery date around work and life commitments.  

I'm telling you, you hit 50 and things start falling apart!
  • Options
    He has tubes!  They're still in there.  That's why his ear is leaking out shit.  But because he's had a cold for over a week, it's turned into an ear infection due to him being all backed up and his ears won't drain all the crap all the way, even with the tubes.  It's only his second one in the year and 4 months since the tubes.  He had about a dozen ear infections in a year and a half or so before tubes.  So it's better, but he may be doomed to a life of ENT issues.  Between DH and myself, history is not on his side. I grew out of most my issues in my 20's...However, DH has been getting a ridiculous amount of sinus and ear infections in the last year or so. 
  • Options

Shoveled, worked, got the kids to school, went to the grocery ($44, that's under $100 for my family for 3 wks!), dinner in the crock pot, laundry folded. Next up more work, get M2, lunch, exercise.

I'm also looking for grocery apps for the new phone.

I'm boring.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    You're 50, @mnnebride?!

I could have sworn you said you were in your 30's in the past.  But I don't have Hmo powers of memory. 

But yeah, with each decade a little more just starts to fall apart.  ;) 
  • Options
    Yup, Conn, I'm an old woman!  I didn't marry until I was 44 and have been married 8.5 years.  
  • Options
    at least the tubes are helping drain, even if it means down the side of his face. ugh.
    All of the sinus issues suck, so hopefully he won't have to deal with that as he gets older. 

update: i'm sitting on the other side of the building, so I have my laptop charging, but my side of the building controls HVAC for the whole building, so it's getting kinda cold in here. (It's only in the low 40s right now, so heat would be nice.) 
  • Options
    I remember getting tubes and how much that helped as a youngin'.  I also had my adenoids out so that helped tons too...especially with sinus issues.

The temps are dropping here, so it should be nice and frigid by the time the day is up.

I was at work early because I didn't sleep well and blahblahblah.  Being that I have new people in my area at work, when H calls, I'm very distracted---and I'm not used to removing myself from the area, so---that being said, we've had some miscommunications and a few times where I've talked over him (which aggravates him---touchy, I know), so that was fun to deal with yesterday afternoon.  Some of his lack of patience is frustrating for me, but hard to address if that makes sense.

And then the miscommunication coupled with the fact that he goes to work and I don't even SEE him physically until Wednesday and maybe have a stilted conversation with him this evening, it's just awkward and frustrating.  THE END.
  • Options
    Iced in here, and we're supposed to get snow this evening as well.

• Options
    Expecting more snow starting this afternoon.  IDK what the plow did to the 2 roads surrounding us, but it's not good.  And if one more heavier car tailgates me, I'm going to scream.  I'm not going to endanger myself b/c you're in whatever hurry you are in.  

That's about all I got.  Work is starting to settle down to a busy, but manageable load, which is good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards