Wedding Invitations & Paper

XP: Inner Envelopes, Etc.

Maybe I'm really, really missing something.  Or maybe I haven't gotten far enough through the checkout process that I've been presented with the option.  But are inner envelopes going the way of the dodo?  I'm mocked up invitations on Minted, WPD, and David's, and never once noticed an option for inner envelopes.

I'm considering skipping them, especially if they aren't a standard, inexpensive option with where we're ordering.  Would this substantially downgrade the formality of the invitation in your opinion?  What if the outer envelope had a fancy foil liner?  I would still address the outer envelope with the specific names of those invited.

And on that note, let's play one of my favorite games: what kind of wedding would you expect based on this invitation?  (The gold-looking areas are foil pressed, but the ink is flat.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: XP: Inner Envelopes, Etc.

• Looks like a standard American casual wedding invitation to me. ("Casual" in the formal sense of the word: dark suits, nice dresses.)

Inner envelopes are completely unnecessary, except perhaps for the most formal of invitations.
  • I would wear a cocktail dress; my husband would wear a dark suit. At 5 pm, I would expect a cocktail or social hour if you're having pictures between ceremony and reception, plated dinner or an elegant buffet, open bar, probably a DJ.

You can skip the inner envelopes if you want.

• Also, just in case the wording is yours:

"honor of your presence" is only used for church weddings. A wedding at a hotel requires only the "pleasure of your company".

"In the evening" is redundant (since no one gets married at five in the morning).

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    LtPowers said:
    Also, just in case the wording is yours:

"honor of your presence" is only used for church weddings. A wedding at a hotel requires only the "pleasure of your company".

"In the evening" is redundant (since no one gets married at five in the morning).

Yes, thanks.  I hadn't actually thought about the "in the evening" thing but it makes sense.

ETA: And no, that was just sample wording.  We are using pleasure of your company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards