Wedding Woes

Brrrrrr

What's up?  Schools and preschool are closed today.  I kind of wanted to run some errands, but real temp is -5 right now.  I don't really want to take the kids out if it's under 0. Poor DH has a big crane lift today so will probably have to be outside most of the morning.  I made plans to go out with a friend next weekend so after a few beers I ordered a couple of shirts on amazon.  In the light of day I'm not so sure

Lucky Brand Women's Ditzy Woodblock Top, Red/Multi, Large

Lucky Brand Women's Diamond Border Top, Black/Multi, Large

Re: Brrrrrr

• I'd have to see those shirts on you, but I'm leaning toward no. 

It's freaking cold here too.  No school delays or cancellations though.  

I woke up in the middle of the night because my leg was asleep and it also felt like some really heavy was holding it down.  Yeah, it was DefConn's head and he was talking in his sleep.  He ninja'd into our bed at some point. Usually he wakes me up, but I prefer the ninja-method. 

DH has entered into whiny baby phase of sickness.  He did apply for a job opening with the VA yesterday.  So we'll see what happens with that.   He's been too sick to complain about work too much and the supervisor that started last week took over the one team that DH had, so DH is down to one team of people, which makes things easier. 

I wish I was in Mexico with my parents right now. I hope it's snowing when they land.  ;) 
  • I'd have to see those shirts on you, but I'm leaning toward no.

SITB, but this ^^^, unfortunately.

I feel like a wuss when I complain about the weather, compared to what some other people have had to put up with this winter.  But it was 14 when I was driving in, which is really cold for here.  Schools are on a two hour delay, so DH volunteered to stay with DD until her bus came, and I dropped DS at DC. 

Low tonight is 5, so I wouldn't be surprised if DD sees another two hour delay tomorrow.
  • I think I got suckered into the back of the first.  I have a couple shirts in this brand  and like the fit.  The second I pictured with white pants/shorts for spring

• I just ordered our 10 year anniversary gift too, sort.  10 years is tin so I'm having one of our photos printed on tin.  Now I just need to decide if I do a wedding photo or one from our family session.
  • It's so freakin' cold. I've been in my office for an hour and 15 minutes and my fingers STILL hurt from my drive. My mom and PF have been housebound for the last 3 days because of the frigid temps.
  • I didn't think I was that cold before, but now I'm shivering.  I'm about to drag our infared heater in the office vs. turning up the heat.  
  • It's -13 here with windchill.  Meh, it was colder yesterday and H was all "oh, no biggie, it's fine".  WHAT? 

H also installed the undercabinet lighting, and who knew that strips of LED lighting could change a room that much? YAY.  So tonight we go to pick out the main fixture, and he's doing the work today to move the junction box so we can hang it centered over the island.   Now we just have to come to agreement on what we want.  I tend to want more ornate stuff, and H is all "Institutional" about light fixtures.  So we have a ways to come...to meet in the middle.

House stuff:  The house inspection was done LAST Thursday and we FINALLY have the request from the buyer, and it's some piddly stupid stuff.  So on one hand I'm happy because some new outlets and a new sink basin is easy...but taking a WEEK to get us that?  Not acceptable.  I'm impatient apparently-mostly because H is a freak when it comes to immediate responses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards