Chit Chat
Options

Dip and Chip

Tuesday is National Tortilla Chip Day and work is having a food day.

Anyone have any good recipes for dips?

I was thinking of using my crockpot and bringing in the fixings for nachos.
Chicken wing dip is already taken.
Maybe spinach artichoke dip?
Anniversary

Re: Dip and Chip

• Options
    edited February 2015
    I LOVVE DIP. 

My favorite crock pot dip is two packages of spicy breakfast sausage, browned in a pan, drained of fat and then two bricks of cream cheese melted in with a can of spicy Rotel. BAM. Jalapeno popper dip (there's several good recipes on All Recipes) is also super good. 

I also make a BBQ bacon ranch dip that people love. I can give you the recipe if you'd like.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I also make a BBQ bacon ranch dip that people love. I can give you the recipe if you'd like.

Uhhhh it's got bacon. Of course!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Uhhhh it's got bacon. Of course!

LOL I like you. The original recipe had like 4 strips of bacon. Uhhhhhh FUCK. THAT.

I mix a packet of dry ranch dressing with one brick of cream cheese and 8 oz. sour  cream and spread on the bottom of a pie plate. I squirt on maybe 1/2 cup? (enough to cover) of a good, sweet, thick BBQ sauce (use Sweet Baby Ray's original if you can) on top of that. Then one lb. of fried and crumbled bacon. Then I put a chopped green pepper and chopped green onions on top of that. Top it off with shredded cheese. It's good cold but also can be warmed up. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Jalapeno Crab Dip. (IDK why they put croutons on it, that's fucking weird.)

Then you can tell this joke:

Am I the only one who's just not a fan of chicken wing dip? It's ok, it's just not the messiah of dips the way people treat it. Especially with canned chicken. Barf.

• Options
    Jalapeno Crab Dip. (IDK why they put croutons on it, that's fucking weird.)

Then you can tell this joke:

Am I the only one who's just not a fan of chicken wing dip? It's ok, it's just not the messiah of dips the way people treat it. Especially with canned chicken. Barf.
    Canned chicken is so gross. I make buffalo (well, Louisiana since I use Louisiana hot sauce) chicken dip with a store rotisserie chicken that's good. But I agree that it's not super mega amazing. 
  • Options
    I have nothing to add except now I'm fucking starrrrrvvvving
    Anniversary

• Options

@lolo883 I've never even heard of chicken wing dip. Is the just buffalo chicken dip with hot sauce and cream cheese? Or is it something else?

I'm one for the classics- cream cheese bottom, salsa middle, melted cheddar top

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@lolo883 I've never even heard of chicken wing dip. Is the just buffalo chicken dip with hot sauce and cream cheese? Or is it something else?

I'm one for the classics- cream cheese bottom, salsa middle, melted cheddar top

Yeah same thing.

• Options
    I like this recipe for spinach artichoke dip. I haven't done it with the water chestnuts, but the Knorr Veggie seasoning mix kicks it up a notch!

• Options
    I make my chicken wing dip in the crockpot and will NEVER use canned chicken. It's either a fresh baked breast or a rotisserie or none at all.
    @jenna8984 it's chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, and extra shredded cheese.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I love spinach & artichoke dip. Buffalo chicken dip is good too. I use the recipe from Frank's Red Hot. I also do a super simple nacho dip. It's so so good:

• Options
    So this isn't really a dip but might be a good option since others at your work will have dips covered....my friend always makes mini tacos with filo cups. She cooks the ground beef with taco seasoning then spoons it into the little filo cups, sprinkles with cheese and bakes for a few minutes to melt the cheese. You could just have the taco meat in the crockpot and people could make their own little bite size taco and just eat it with cold cheese on top.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

So this isn't really a dip but might be a good option since others at your work will have dips covered....my friend always makes mini tacos with filo cups. She cooks the ground beef with taco seasoning then spoons it into the little filo cups, sprinkles with cheese and bakes for a few minutes to melt the cheese. You could just have the taco meat in the crockpot and people could make their own little bite size taco and just eat it with cold cheese on top.

Mmmmm tacos
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards