Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

December brides?

Looking into a Dec wedding and wondering if a date like Dec 12 would be too inconvenient for out of towners. If you had a December wedding, did you experience any issues to do with assorted winter holidays and vacation time?

Re: December brides?

• I am having a september wedding, but I was recently a guest at a December wedding.  It can be a bit of a financial burdon for your guests (especially the young adults who are just getting started).  I had to choose between my cousin's December wedding and my friend's January wedding.  It was really hard and sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I am getting married December 22nd and have already ran into problems with people not being able to attend.

Let me ask a few questions first. What does the guest list look like? Is it mostly family and some friends, or half and half, or just friends? Also, are your guests mostly out-of-towners? Or are most of your guests close by?

Let me just say one thing.. most of my guests are out of towners (actually, 97% of them), but my guest list is also 97% family, 3% family friends/work friends/college buddies. I know my aunts/uncles/cousins will make the trek, but I cannot say the same for my friends. It really depends on your guest list and who you think will be gung-ho about showing up.

I personally do not think December 12th is that bad of a date; it isn't as close to Christmas as it could be and its a few weeks after Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Holiday wise you should be okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also wondering about this. We originally decided on September, but between working full time jobs and going to school it could become stressful. It would be nice to have a couple more months to plan. Could there also be issues with vendors like florists and djs since there are so many holiday parties in December? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards