Chit Chat

Happy Friday! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Re: Happy Friday! What's everyone doing this weekend?

• @SBmini I apparently totally missed somewhere along the way that you're pregnant as well. How exciting!!!!!
  • TGIF! This has been the longest week ever.

Tonight DH and I are going over to a friend's house for dinner. I'm bringing salad, wine and brownies I made. I can't wait to drink all the wine. 

Tomorrow we don't have a whole lot planned other than cleaning up the apartment and I'll probably try to get to the gym too. I haven't gone since Wednesday and I still feel really fluffy from the past few months of eating bad.

I'm really hoping Sunday we can just relax and go grocery shopping. H might end up working half the day though. He has a project due next week and might need to put a few hours in so he's not stuck staying late at the office every night. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Last night I came home to a bouquet of tulips and homemade buffalo wings. Turns out H was buttering me up to ask if he could go out with the guys tonight. I sighed and said "okay".

Actually, I am thrilled to have a quiet night in by myself! Bring on the bubbly!
    eyeroll
  • We're supposed to get a snow storm (and by storm, the oh-so-smart weather pros mean "anywhere between 7 and 30 inches) so depending on how it pans out, we'll likely be hunkering down doing lazy stuff while trying to stay warm. We just started watching House of Cards so hopefully we can make it through that.

@Lyndausvi - are y'all slated to get anything good up the hill?
    We are to get a foot, maybe?  We are in a weird bubble, so who knows?  It can be dumping only a few miles away and dry here.    It doesn't help that we were are in the same county as Vail.  So they will say one thing, but it's really geared to Vail.  By the way the crow flies we are close.  Unfortunately, by car it's almost an hour.

Same thing happens in the summer.  It will be pouring 3 miles away and we are completely dry.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'll be studying all weekend.  But I am excited for lunch today.  There's an excellent Lebanese place nearby that I haven't been to in awhile, and my friend is coming by on my lunch break to go with me. 

• My weekend will be filled with packing, packing, and more packing...

We are flying to Utah on Sunday to go skiing with in-laws.

Then next week we CLOSE ON OUR HOUSE!!! So excited!

• SBmini said:
    It's my birthday on Sunday. We're going to spend it up in Flagstaff with friends. Although it seems crazy to me now to leave this beautiful 80 degree weather for 50 degree weather in Flag. When we planned the trip, we were thinking there may be snow. Nope! 

This evening before we leave, we're finding out the baby's sex! and making it Facebook official :D I cannot wait to know!

That's so exciting!  We just found out on Tuesday what we're having.  What's your EDD?  We gotta be pretty close.

Yay so exciting! I'm due 8/14. We're finding out a little early, at 15 weeks. 
  • Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Eating, drinking, and visiting friends. Some chores and errands, then Sunday prepping for a convention next weekend. And, of course, I'm starting to feel a cold coming on. Yay?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm going for a walk in Niagara Falls, tomorrow.  It is beautiful this time of year... without the insane crowds.  I would go today, but it is -30 degrees with the windchill. No, thank you. Lol.
      Then, I am having dinner with my brother and my soon to be SIL. Then the next day I get to babysit my llama and caribou (niece and nephew), while my sister and BIL celebrate a belated Valentine's Day.
  • When I'm done with work I've got to run to the store and grab some junk food and then run back to my apartment to clean it up because my best friend is coming into town and we're going to have a girl's night in (because there is no "out" to speak of where I'm stationed in South Carolina.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBmini said:
    SBmini said:
    It's my birthday on Sunday. We're going to spend it up in Flagstaff with friends. Although it seems crazy to me now to leave this beautiful 80 degree weather for 50 degree weather in Flag. When we planned the trip, we were thinking there may be snow. Nope! 

This evening before we leave, we're finding out the baby's sex! and making it Facebook official :D I cannot wait to know!

That's so exciting!  We just found out on Tuesday what we're having.  What's your EDD?  We gotta be pretty close.

I'm due July 9th.  So we aren't that far off.  So excited for you.  Hope everything goes well.  Regular ultrasound or 3d?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm having a sleepover with my mom and sister tonight (lots of wine!) and then tomorrow we are going to hunt for a MOB dress for my mom. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is stupidly cold outside and we FINALLY move into our new house next week. So we will be packing up the apt and doing some last minute stuff in the house to prep for next week.

Also, buying a car. I have been car-less for 7 years and I have to admit, I am a bit bummed to be back in the car-owing part of society!
  • Tonight I have a 5:15 yoga class, then hopefully catching up on Better Call Saul

Cousin has a graduation brunch tomorrow, then Sunday we're going to the florist to see our centerpiece sample!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend I will be doing taxes and dealing with finances. :(  We are starting to look into buying a house.  DH has only been at his job for 1.5 years, so we need this years taxes for mortgage application (need min. 2 years of returns).  Then I want to review our whole budget and figure out where we can be saving more money now, in order to put more toward the house.

So, I have a TON of fun in store for my weekend. :/

But, I do have yoga class tomorrow morning! 

• FI is gone snowmobiling all weekend. I'm not doing shit at all besides reading/writing fic, playing DA:I, and then Sunday I'll clean so that I feel like I accomplished something.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• id say working on the house like we always do on the weekends but we are at a point where no matter what we do its not gonna do anything. we have to pay some to fix the pipe that broke in the basement to stop the water from coming in.

next weekend we are going away for the weekend. going to the air force museum.
  • beethery said:
    FI is gone snowmobiling all weekend. I'm not doing shit at all besides reading/writing fic, playing DA:I, and then Sunday I'll clean so that I feel like I accomplished something.
    Okay, I gotta know, what type of fic do you write/read?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SBmini said:
    SBmini said:

I'm due July 9th.  So we aren't that far off.  So excited for you.  Hope everything goes well.  Regular ultrasound or 3d?
    Yeah we aren't that far off! Congrats to you too and thanks for your well wishes. I'm getting just a regular 2d. I may be alone in this, but the 3d ultrasounds creep me out! 
  • My mom was going to visit this weekend but we're getting hit with some snow again, so my weekend suddenly cleared up! 

I had a bad health scare earlier this week, so I'm kinda glad that the SO and I get the weekend to ourselves to be lazy bums.  He finally got me to start watching the Sopranos, so I forsee a marathon this weekend.

• SBmini said:
    Yeah we aren't that far off! Congrats to you too and thanks for your well wishes. I'm getting just a regular 2d. I may be alone in this, but the 3d ultrasounds creep me out! 
    They creep me out too. My sister got one and shared the pictures. One of the pictures makes the baby look like the bunny from Donnie Darko. NOPE. Closed that email immediately. 
    *********************************************************************************

• SBmini said:
    They creep me out too. My sister got one and shared the pictures. One of the pictures makes the baby look like the bunny from Donnie Darko. NOPE. Closed that email immediately. 

• I'm staying in my apartment mostly for this weekend.  

Tonight I'm dropping FI off at a Comedy club, and then I'm turning in my FAFSA. UGH.  I have to get some major reading done for my classes too.

Saturday, more homework, some cleaning, and maybe a grocery run and some Netflix. 

Sunday, homework, some cleaning, and some Netflix.  

I'm a really boring person. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SBmini said:
    SBmini said:
    SBmini said:

You aren't alone!  They are really creepy but put me at ease.  Just because they obviously get a better view of what's going on.  Are you going to share the sex with us?!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Besides going to yoga class I have no plans for the weekend. I want to start outlining my thesis but I'll probably just watch Netflix instead.

Anniversary
  • khugs15 said:
    beethery said:
    FI is gone snowmobiling all weekend. I'm not doing shit at all besides reading/writing fic, playing DA:I, and then Sunday I'll clean so that I feel like I accomplished something.
    Okay, I gotta know, what type of fic do you write/read?!
    dragon age fic because I have gone off the fucking deep end :D@khugs15
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to make a new thread, but it excites me so I had to share.

Apparently Prince Harry and Emma Watson are dating. Muggle princess for the win! And imagine the beautiful ginger babies!

OK carry on with your day.
    WHAT YES YAY YAYAYAYAY 

I don't really know why I love this so much but omg I love this so much.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to make a new thread, but it excites me so I had to share.

Apparently Prince Harry and Emma Watson are dating. Muggle princess for the win! And imagine the beautiful ginger babies!

OK carry on with your day.

WHAT YES YAY YAYAYAYAY 

I don't really know why I love this so much but omg I love this so much.

I hate to burst the bubble because I love this, but apparently this is all fan fic and not true :(

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards