Chit Chat

Skinny jeans, summer shoes

I've been wearing skinny jeans - that I love - all winter with boots.  My legs are athletic, so boots even out the proportions nicely.  Here's the question: what type of shoes do I wear with skinny jeans in warmer weather? Normally I'd wear flats but don't think I can pull them off with the aggressively curvy jeans.  Any suggestions?

Re: Skinny jeans, summer shoes

• Sure you can pull off flats if you're comfortable in them! I wear my flats with skinny jeans all.the.time.

I like to add a little height to my normally short stature (I'm like, 5'3") by wearing some cute summer-y wedges. TOMS has a ton of cute wedges in different styles & colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• chibiyuichibiyui member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I think you'd be fine with flats honestly. But maybe booties would help?

Peep toes make them summery. I have a pair similar to the last pair in brown and black, and I wear them all the time in the spring/summer/fall.

Anniversary
  • I wear sandals, flats, sneakers, whatever.
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    NEVER skinny jeans with gym shoes! 

But yeah, they look fine with regular sandals, flats, wedges, pumps etc. I don't really understand the concern?

• I'm very hippy with really skinny ankles, so I have some proportion issues. I find if I cuff my pants with flats it balances out a little better, and my skinny ankles don't seem as emphasized as they would be otherwise. With pumps it looks better with no cuff.

• I go flats or little strappy sandals usually. Booties or heels also work well with skinny jeans.
  • NEVER flats with gym shoes! 

Wait cause I don't understand this sentence. Isn't two types of shoes at once? 

I like wedges with skinny jeans for myself. 
  • Thank you all!  @wrigleyville Very apt imagery :)

This is getting me excited about finding new summer shoes.

• In the summer, I will usually wear flats with skinny jeans, or gladiator sandals.  Wedges, if I'm going out somewhere and want to look pulled together, but mostly in the summer I'm wearing flats or sandals with my skinny jeans.
  • MagicInk said:
    NEVER flats skinny jeans with gym shoes! 

God, I am fucking allllll my shit up today. First I told y'all that my kids have a fucktoy box, and now i'm telling you not to wear two different types of shoes at once. WTF is my problem?
    I mean, it IS good advice... :)

• MagicInk said:

God, I am fucking allllll my shit up today. First I told y'all that my kids have a fucktoy box, and now i'm telling you not to wear two different types of shoes at once. WTF is my problem?
    Well I mean that is good advice. Do not wear two types of shoes at once. I've been drunk and tried to do that. And I've been just...me and tried to do that too. 
  • MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:

Well I mean that is good advice. Do not wear two types of shoes at once. I've been drunk and tried to do that. And I've been just...me and tried to do that too. 
    Maybe this should go on the air head thread, but I've done that before. Didn't notice when I left my house, didn't notice when I got to my friends' house and kicked my shoes off, no, didn't notice until I was going to leave. I had put one shoe on, was trying to find its match in the pile, proclaimed "hey someone has the same shoes as me!" then realized no, that IS your shoe and no, it does NOT match the other one you're wearing, which is also your shoe, and now everyone is looking at you.

• I pretty much only wear skinny jeans. I also live in flats.
  • MagicInk said:
    MagicInk said:

Maybe this should go on the air head thread, but I've done that before. Didn't notice when I left my house, didn't notice when I got to my friends' house and kicked my shoes off, no, didn't notice until I was going to leave. I had put one shoe on, was trying to find its match in the pile, proclaimed "hey someone has the same shoes as me!" then realized no, that IS your shoe and no, it does NOT match the other one you're wearing, which is also your shoe, and now everyone is looking at you.
    Oh I meant that I uh, put on a matching pair of shoes and then forgot I was wearing shoes apparently and....tried to put another pair on top of the orignal pair.
  • I pretty much only wear skinny jeans. I also live in flats.
    This is me.  I hope the trend never dies.  I don't know what I'll do.
  • If you're worried about the skinny jeans, you could wear straight leg jeans instead.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I sometimes wear mine with high-top Chucks like I'm a high school kid, but usually I just wear ballet flats in summer. I don't like having my feet exposed in sandals for some reason, makes me feel oddly naked and like my feet are getting dirty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate wearing shoes, so I start wearing flip-flops and sandals the second the snow melts. I wear flats if I'm "dressing up". 

Laced shoes are the devil. (I will wear Converse hi-tops on occasion, like when we go to Cubs games and I don't want beer spilled on my bare feet.)

I wish I could do the skinny jeans/sweater/boots thing, but I'm a pear shape, and skinny jeans make me look like a goddamn bowling pin. I stick with straight leg and boot cut jeans. 
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I wear a lot of canvas loafers like this

I used to wear converse when it was cool. I do wear flats and wedges if I feel cute that day. I only wear skinny jeans and have for years so I need options lol.

Never wear flip flops with skinny jeans. I would say never wear flip flops, period, but everyone would get mad at me. Some sandals are okay but the second the first and second toe are split I will hate it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ....I wear Rainbow flip flops with skinnies all the time.... 

I hate winter. It requires real shoes. I got my first tattoo on top of my foot, and gladly used the peeling and frequent washing need as an excuse to be That Creepy Hippy Chick that walked around completely barefoot for two weeks. It was my happy time.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • larrygaga said:
    Ooh. Looks like Wrigley's ordering some shoes tonight! Those are cute.

I really like the red ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards