Wedding Invitations & Paper

divorced but living together

So my grandparents divorced before I was born, but are now back together, but not married. Should I just address it as though they are married? I know remarriage was tossed around but never followed through on. They both still have the last name and such.

Re: divorced but living together

• I think if they are back together, living together, and have the same last name that I would address it as though they were.  I'm sure they view themselves as practically married anyway so they probably wouldn't expect it any other way. 
  • That's what I figured, but thought I should double check. Thanks!
  • Technically, you should address them the same way you would address a letter to any other unmarried  couple who is living together.  They are your grandparents.  ASK THEM!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Good point, thanks. I guess I was just hoping to avoid a weird conversation.
  • edited February 2015
    I would address them as a married couple.  I know a couple that divorced, but later got back together.  They prefer to be addressed as a married couple.  

When you're grandparents meet new people do they introduce themselves as a married couple?  Do they refer to their partner as their husband or wife?  If so, then definitely address them as a married couple.  
  • Your best option is to ask them how they prefer to be addressed. 
  • Do they refer to each other as husband and wife when talking about each other? If so, then I would address it it as if they are married. I'm only saying this since they are living together & still share the same last name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards