Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

The perfect day

My wedding was August 5th, and it was just the perfect day. Things did not all go as planned, but that just adds character to to story (And to the pictures! My 2 hour hair do fell out ater 10 minutes on the beach because my hair stylist didn't pin appropriately. You can see in pictures later in the night my hair in a bun. Did I care: nope. Did I have a good time: Fantastic).

Quick recap: On the beach, a lot of the guests and wedding party didn't wear shoes, just like me and the groom. It was very organic. We didnt rent a mic, everyone just grouped and stood around us and everyone said they could hear just fine. We had a friend ordained to perform the ceremony. We took on the reception ourselves, music coming from a laptop (thankfully the reception venue had a built in sound system). We got worked in everything we wanted (first dances, cake cutting), and avodied everything we wanted (the awkward garter business). There were some glitches along the way, but I had such a great time, I don't even remember them.

My sister is getting married early 2012 and I can't wait to help out with anything. I sometimes miss all involved with planning a wedding. But I am so happy with married life and I wouldn't trade that for anything

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The perfect day

• Options
    Congratulations!  I am glad you had such an amazing day.  A relaxed beach wedding sounds wonderful!  I agree, the things that did not go as planned just added to the memory of the day!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Congrats!

It sounds like you had a great attitude about things. In the end you are still married and you definitely made the best of the situation. And a beach wedding does sound wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards