Snarky Brides
Options

Wedding Website...."Behave accordingly"

Saw this on a friend from college's wedding website: 

Additional information

Our wedding reception will have an open bar. It will also be heavily photographed. Any drunken shenanigans will be documented and mocked for years to come... behave accordingly.

Re: Wedding Website...."Behave accordingly"

• Options
    I don't judge it although it's not something I would put on my wedding website. She talks of drunken shenanigans and mocking them...clearly she is joking.
  • Options
    Meh...I have mixed emotions. One, she is just joking. But sometimes I hate it when people try to be funny/conversational at certain times.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah...I recognized that she is clearly joking. It rubs me the wrong way because the website is something that has the potential to be seen by all of their wedding guests and I think that it is risky to assume that everyone will understand that it is a joke. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well in text. I kind of read it as "yes this a joke...haha...but seriously...don't get too wild".  

Also, I think I was in a super snarky mood when I saw it last night.
  • Options
    IDK i come from a family where our matriarch can out drink anyone, so that would probably be funny to like 90% of the people invited to my wedding.

Although, I'm pretending to be fancy so I wouldn't put that on my wedding website. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm pretty sure this just falls into the category of stuff you shouldn't do because... you're never as hilarious as you think you are. Jen being case in point.
  • Options
    I think it was a roundabout way of telling everyone that the reception is going to be fun. I forgot in what context but I mentioned on my wedding website that we will be having an open bar (and I think I joked about how economical it was to drink a lot). But I invited 35 people to my wedding so I knew my crowd.

Anniversary

• Options
    VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I danced on the bar at my wedding and swigged jack straight out of the bottle.

No guest behavior out did me!
  • Options
    This is just straight off Pinterest. It's supposed to be a "funny" sign you put on the bar (or website, I guess), but comes off really obnoxious.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    I danced on the bar at my wedding and swigged jack straight out of the bottle. No guest behavior out did me!
    I did shots with several of our tables and we did Irish Car Bombs (around 40 all told) as a group in the middle of the dance floor. Photographic evidence of all this. There's also my photog's favorite picture of me - chugging a beer as soon as we sat down after introductions. And I know there was some crazy dancing. I'm a little disappointed at how few shenanigans went on at my wedding. I should have invited @MagicInk!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    syoun1nj said:

This is just straight off Pinterest. It's supposed to be a "funny" sign you put on the bar (or website, I guess), but comes off really obnoxious.

Yes! This is the best/worst part for me. If you're going to make a lame joke, at least make it your OWN lame joke that's true to your personality, not pulled off of Pinterest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I just enjoy the use of the word shenanigans.

Shenanigans. Heh.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this just falls into the category of stuff you shouldn't do because... you're never as hilarious as you think you are. Jen being case in point.
    The bolded sentence has me confused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    I can't speak for flan, but I read it as your reaction of thinking it wasn't funny is an example of people not thinking you (general you) are as hilarious as you think you are.

• Options
    Yep, that makes sense.  I misread it last night, hence the confusion. Thanks! 
  • Options
    Viczaesar said:
    I can't speak for flan, but I read it as your reaction of thinking it wasn't funny is an example of people not thinking you (general you) are as hilarious as you think you are.
    LOL yeah - not that you, Jen, in this case, are not as funny as you think you are ;)
  • Options
    Haha that is how I read it at first! I was like...um, what? 

I should probably get off these boards when I'm tired. 
  • Options
    Saw this on a friend from college's wedding website: 

Additional information

Our wedding reception will have an open bar. It will also be heavily photographed. Any drunken shenanigans will be documented and mocked for years to come... behave accordingly.

My wedding venue posts a few photos of receptions to their FB page every week or two, and recently I saw this on there - the couple had put it on a small chalkboard at the bar. I thought it was kind of obnoxious, but maybe some people find it funny? Probably depends on the audience. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rcher912 said:

Shenanigans. Heh.

ETA:  Why isn't my GIF working?!  Let's try a <clicky> instead.  (I hope I'm not the only one who has seen this movie.)
  • Options
    snarkymaidsnarkymaid member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2015
    Oh I saw someone write this for real on her website. She ultimately took it down (I'm guessing a family member saw it and was horrified). She had basically written something to the effect of "Please drink responsibly. You wouldn't want to do something in your drunken state that would offend/irritate/piss off (can't remember her exact wording) the Bride (trust me, you really really wouldn't"). 

The rest of her website was just as bad - links to black tie attire for men and women, when she was very obviously not having a black tie affair and other smarmy, bridezilla comments. That chick was awful.
  • Options
    rcher912 said:

Shenanigans. Heh.
    "But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun."

"And his shenanigans are cruel and tragic."

"Eeeeevil shenanigans!"

"I swear to god I'll pistol whip the next guy who says 'shenanigans'!"
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    rcher912 said:

Shenanigans. Heh.

"Eeeeevil shenanigans!"

Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rcher912 said:

Shenanigans. Heh.

"Eeeeevil shenanigans!"

Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?
    "You mean 'Shenanigans'?? You're talking about 'Shenanigans', right??"
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards