Honeymoon Discussions

Punta Cana Honeymoon: Breathless or Excellence?

We know we want an all-inclusive adults only honeymoon in Punta Cana. We have narrowed down the choices to Breathless or Excellence, does anyone have any recommendations or warnings about either? Advice they are willing to share? We willing be going sometime late April-Early May and wine selection is important to us (mostly me but he enjoys as well).

Re: Punta Cana Honeymoon: Breathless or Excellence?

• I stayed at Breathless June 2014. I loved it, there were a few hiccups throughout the trip, but the hotel had only been open a few months at that point. And anything we weren't 100% happy with was usually fixed immediately. The staff was incredible. The one thing I would note is that its not just a "couples" place like their sister resort Secrets. Breathless is adults only, but it was more people partying than relaxing when we went. The Preferred Club has its own pool though which is much quieter, so we were able to have the best of both worlds. So that is definitely something you may want to consider. As for the wine, I don't remember if I tried any of the house wines, but we discovered on the first night that even though you have to pay for champagne you could ask for sparkling wine and that was included. We basically ended up drinking that or liquor at dinner every night.
  • I was just looking at pictures from a coworker who was at Excellence last week. Resort looks awesome and she said they had a great time, room was good, service was good and they had a private anniversary dinner on the beach which looked really cool.  She said they would go back in a heartbeat
  • We stayed at the Colonial Majestic which is next door to the Excellence (I think it's a sister resort) and it was awesome! We upgraded to a swim up suite on the adults only side, had plenty of bars and food to choose from.. four bottles in our room and our fridge stocked daily with beer, water, and mixers. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Colonial Majestic is not associated with Excellence, it is a different hotel brand.

We stayed at the Excellence for the honeymoon and while it was a beautiful resort we were a little underwhelmed.  The food was just okay (pretty bland and needed seasoning) and the beds were hard as rocks.  The beach was beautiful but the surf stays pretty rough since it is on the Atlantic side of PC.  The resorts on the Caribbean side of PC have the clear blue calm waters.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • The Excellence - hands down the best resorts. 
  • I looked at several resorts before settling on Excellence. Based on the reviews and the price, it seemed to be the best value for the money. We also upgraded to the Excellence Club. Just over three months, and we will be on our way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards