Attire & Accessories Forum

Accessories for my dress?

Ladies! I need some help with accessories for my dress. Trying it on in the salon I had no shapewear on, and I would like something underneath due to the thinner fabric. What do you recommend that's thin but works well for underneath? I'm afraid a corset bra would show or be too thick since the dress is supposed to be pretty tight. Also, where can I get an affordable belt? The one they used in the salon was outrageously overpriced. And do you all think a single strand of pearls with pearl stud earings would look okay? THANKS!!!

Re: Accessories for my dress?

• Spanx come in a variety of thicknesses, so I'd head to a decent lingerie department (Nordstroms is one I hear a lot here, but I'm not American so I can't recommend personally) and look around. You don't need to go for the maximum, heavy-duty control ones if you don't want to as there are plenty of thinner, medium-control styles out there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nordstrom's is great because everytime I go there (I only shop there for bra's) the staff is super helpful and finds me exactley what I need. In regards to the belt, I recommend also e-bay. Just watch who your seller is that first they are located in the US (if that is where you are located) and that they have a good sales history. Also do a search on facebook for your area to see if you can find any wedding buy/sell groups. You may be able to find one that a past bride is ready to get rid of locally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards