New Jersey

HUGE problem finding an affordable venue...even on a Friday!!

I am having a HUGE problem finding a venue in NJ without paying an arm and a leg.  I am looking for a Friday or Saturday night wedding but even on a Friday they are asking for $150+ per plate.  I am almost on the verge on calling this whole thing off......

Best Answers

Re: HUGE problem finding an affordable venue...even on a Friday!!

• Northern NJ....and how do i post to a local board?
  • OK...I figured out how to post to a local board...thanks

• I am getting married at Primavera in Stirling on a Saturday night in November.  I am paying $120 a person plus tax and gratuity with a guarantee of 140 people.  EVERYTHING is included and there are only 2 upgrades that you can get (Sushi bar for cocktail hour and Venetian Hour for desert).  You get an enormous amount of food, cake is included and premium open bar.  There is only 1 event at a time which was key to me and they are AMAZING to work with!

I have been to 2 weddings there and they have the best wedding food I have ever had and I have been to a ton of weddings as I have a huge family.
  • Try the Tides Estate and Mayfair Farms. You'll have great luck with those 2. 
  • Check out Seasons as well. 
  • Congratulations!! I am looking at April 2017 and have received the following prices...

Look at Il Villaggio in Carlstadt and speak with Patrick Lopez. Patrick is VERY accommodating to budgets and built a package specifically for my fiance and I.

Also, I have been looking and found the following places:

- Ariana's Grand
    - Richfield Regency - will not give prices over the phone, but seem reasonable from reviews
    - The Atrium in West Orange - if I recall, $95 plus service charge and tax
    - The Bethwood - prices are on their website
    - Berkeley Plaza - The Grand Wedding Reception Package for $82.00 or The Diamond Wedding Reception Package for $77.00 per guest plus sales tax & service charge.
    - Casa Bianca - $70 plus service charge and tax
    - Victor's Chateau - $40-$115, will build a package for you
    - The Graycliff - $80 plus 18% service, 7% tax, and a 4% maitre d fee. Minimum on a Friday is 100 for the Forum Room, 150 Ballroom and Saturday 120 Forum and 180 Ballroom.

Hope this helps :-)
  • Congratulations on your engagement! I also was recently engaged in January 2015. If you are looking for something affordable there are defiantly some options. First off, I just booked my wedding for next January 2016 and the prices most venues are less for a winter wedding. Also most places I looked also gave an additional discount for a Friday night in the winter. I believe some other members have posted these above but these are some prices I got for winter 2016:

-IL Villaggio $110
    -Atrium $90 (that includes Vienetian hour and tax and tips)
    -The Highlawn Pavilion $89-95 depending on the day

Hope this helps! 
  • Congratulations @Knottie49590649!  Where did you book?
  • Hi I just booked the Emerald Ballroom in Freehold, NJ.

Right now they are having a deal for 10% off 2016 dates and 15% off 2015 dates. The base prices for Friday is 85-115. Then you get the discount. 
    When you get there, ask for things!!! They threw in free chairs covers, free desert station upgrade and a free bottle Johnny Walker Gold for my husband. Andrea is WONDERFUL. 

I also using their preferred vendor list dj and I got excellent discounts as well.

I also looked at the Conservatory at the Madison Hotel - beautiful but not much for value  at $125 a person.

The Olde Mill Inn was very cheap at $105 per person with 100 guarantee. They even threw in a free brial suite plus two rooms for our parents.
  • The Madison hotel is a huge ripoff. They charge for every small upgrade. All you get for their base price is basic food, ice cream and coffee. No valet, coat check, vienniesse. The guy actually said they give the servers who walk the fast the more expensive appetizers so less people get them.
  • @danielle60314 I booked at the Crystal Plaza! I'm so excited! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards