California-Los Angeles

Photography Location in SFV or nearby

Hello,

I hope someone can help me find a good location for my wedding pictures. I am getting married in the San Fernando Valley. I am looking for an outdoor location for pictures. Anything as far west as Simi Valley, as far east as Burbank, as far south as Sherman Oaks, and as far north Valencia. I know San Fernando Mission is nearby, but I did not really like that place.
I'm hoping for an outdoor location. Thank you in advance!

Re: Photography Location in SFV or nearby

• We did our engagement photos in Valencia (it's where we live) at Bridgeport.

What's wrong with just doing your photos where you are getting married? Or are you looking for a ceremony venue too?
  • We are having our reception indoors. I was hoping to have an outdoor location for our pictures. We are having a catholic ceremony and then there is a 2 hour gap for pictures before the reception, so we can travel. Guests can go to the reception and have cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. I will look at the Bridgeport location. Thank you!
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I'd probably suggest doing something closer to your ceremony/reception site. Having a 2 hour gap it quite long for your guests. If you take pictures somewhere closer than you could likely cut that down to an hour, or at the most 90 minutes.

You don't even need a large space. A good photographer can utilize angles and smaller spaces. You could likely even do amazing outdoor pictures just out front in a parkway.

What city are you actually getting married in? Valencia is kind of far out, and the Bridgeport area, while pretty and great for our pictures, really isn't worth a hour round trip for. I mean, that's taking half of your estimated time anyway. Pick somewhere max 10 minutes away and already you're cutting your gap time to a more reasonable amount.
  • I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I'm getting married in Van Nuys. I guess i need to rethink my location for pictures. I just didnt like anything in the area. But will definitely go back and keep looking. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
  • What about Sherman Oaks Parks?
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/van-nuys-sherman-oaks-park-sherman-oaks

Really you just want to be outside with a couple of trees. And likely you will be the focus of your pictures, not the scenery, so you really don't need a large luscious space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards