Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Foundation Questions

I am going to do my own makeup for my wedding and I am looking for a foundation. I usually wear mineral foundation, but I want to wear a liquid for my wedding. I have tried samples of UD Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition foundation and MUFE HD invisible cover and I honestly just can't decide between the two. I am not really oily or anything, my skin is just sensitive. The one concern I have is that I want my foundation to photograph well (look natural) and NOT TRANSFER. Any recommendations?

Re: Foundation Questions

• Try MAC. I use it every day and it used it the day of my wedding too. 
  • Either of those options (or MAC) would work, but for photos and keeping it from transferring I would definitely recommend picking up the MUFE HD finishing powder to "seal" and smooth your finished look. UD also makes a finishing spray you might want to try, but I would see if you could sample it first (go to Sephora, get a makeover, and ask them to finish with that, perhaps?) to see if you like the feel of it.
  • I have very sensitive skin and have used UD Naked as well as MAC. MAC I'd my favorite from the two. Ultimately, I've heard the best things about MUFE HD for pictures. It's supposed to look the nicest, apparently. If you've tried it and your skin is fine with it, I'd go for it. If not, I'd consider giving MAC a try.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• MUFE HD will not disappoint in pictures.  Make sure you use a good finishing powder, NARS translucent crystal powder is amazing. 
  • So glad you asked this! I was just thinking about this earlier while doing my makeup and had no idea what would be best for pictures and not looking shiny. Off the Sephora we go! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2015
  • Sorry this is so late. I would go with mufe hd, it was made specifically for photo and video.

• I have both UD naked foundation and MAC for my normal (sometimes dry in winter) skin and both are fantastic. I use MAC everyday and plan to for my wedding, but you really do have to test them out to see what works with your skin. sephora WILL give you samples to test them before purchasing and will help you match your color. MAC is always a worthwhile purchase (imo) for foundation and I've never been upset about it. i've tested makeup forever and it was an amazing product, but didn't like it as much as MAC. It's really a personal experience but they are all truly good brands so you can't go wrong. Try them all for a week and see how everything blends out and stays!! 
  • Sorry super late!

I vote for MUFE!
    "If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything  until you get it".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards