Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Staying in Sorrento vs. Positano

Hi!

What are your thoughts regarding staying in Sorrento vs Positano? 

Re: Staying in Sorrento vs. Positano

• Options

I've not been to Positano, but Sorrento is gorgeous!  It is a small town, so it is very easy to walk around.  Everything is within walking distance. Also, if you are interested in going to Capri for a day trip, there is a ferry that goes directly from Sorrento. 

If you have any other questions about Italy, I'd be happy to help!  I studied abroad in Rome back in 2004, and taught there for a year in 2012. I've also traveled to Italy multiple other times with my family.

• Options
    I stayed in Sorrento. It is the cheaper of the two locations but neither is inexpensive. They are both easy to walk around and have easy access to Capri. If you stay in Sorrento you need to visit Positano. If you stay in Positano, you can skip Sorrento.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all! 
  • Options
    I stayed in Sorrento.  It was nice.  I've heard Positano is even nicer though....I really wish we had time to go there.  We did Capri too from Sorrento....took a single chair lift up to the top, which was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Positano!  Both are beautiful; Positano is about 1/4 of the size of Sorrento and much more quaint - but there's still plenty to do.  Positano is extremely safe and foreign families return year after year and let their kids run around.  If you can, try to go in the offseason (I went in mid September) because supposedly both towns are overrun by tourists in the summer and you'll get a less authentic experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards