Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding Snafus?

Just got married a few weeks ago. It was an outside wedding and the weather was perfect! This is what I stressed over for months before the wedding. I should've been stressed out about how my venue and it's vendors would screw up my wedding.

1. The cake was orange instead of purple. How does that happen?? And the decorations were not what i expected either. They also didn't put the cake on a silver cake stand, as I was told they would do.

2. The caterer gave me ham instead of the turkey i ordered. Tasty, but I should've been told about the change.

3.  The DJ forgot to bring one of the most important songs that i asked him to play.

I was able to get over all of the above. After all, it's my wedding day, right?

4. This is the big one. The people for the evening wedding arrived during my wedding (at last 2 hours early) and started unloading their stuff. The venue said nothing to them. I was livid as this totally inappropriate, not to mention cutting into the time that I paid for. Also, because they were in the way, I ended up forgetting a bag with my phone, camera, and Kindle in it. So instead of spending time with my new husband, I had to try to track down the venue (they don't like to answer the phone and it's 40 minutes from my house) to make sure they had the items, and then make a trek back up there the next day when I should've been on my honeymoon.

I know, worse things could have happened, but this wasn't the day that I planned. And people wonder why I am so type A and do everything myself!

Thank you for allowing me to vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Snafus?

• Options
    All weddings have snafus...if mine had as few as yours, I'd have been glad!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    wow thats horrible id be right pissed off .
  • Options
    Agree with PP. 
    Sucks, but it's over with and I'm sure most of your guests didn't notice. 
    I had plenty of issues at our wedding (a big one being that I had the FLU and couldn't eat a single thing without throwing up.. so yeah. Awesome way to spend my wedding day) 
    It's done and over with and lingering on those mess ups will just keep you angry and resentful of a day that means more than cake and a song. 
  • Options
    Wow, so sorry that happened to you on your big day.  I hope your  pictures tell a different story and by looking at them, you can focus on all the good.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Bec67Bec67 member
    First Comment
    Attended a family's member wedding over the weekend and her caterer never showed up! So they had to figure out how to feed over 100 guest.
  • Options
    At least everything worked out in the end. An orange cake instead of purple, how do they confuse orange with purple? I hope you got a discount on that, there is no way I would be paying full price for that after that screw up.

Congrats on your wedding!
  • Options
    Congrats and your wedding and I can totally understand why you would be miffed. As librababy said, when you get your pics I am sure all this won't matter.
  • Options
    Ugh!  Thats a bummer but glad it was only a couple things that went wrong.  I would definitely be contacting the venue and the baker after your honeymoon to discuss the issues the day of as well as posting some online reviews. I hope you get your pictures and are able to get past the problems and focus on all the amazing parts!

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-snafus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:2210e309-274f-47a4-845f-111378cba4fbPost:b3168e5f-0cab-4989-b398-61e6d1f104c7">Re: Wedding Snafus?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All weddings have snafus...if mine had as few as yours, I'd have been glad!
    Posted by meganb1977[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div> <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Arial" class="Apple-style-span">Hi there!  I work at a daytime television show in Chicago and I also just got engaged.  We would love to talk to you about possibly being on the show in one of our wedding disaster/I'm sorry segments.</font></p> <p style="text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:Arial;"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:Arial;">If you would like to be considered for this nationally syndicated daytime television show, taping in the Chicago area, please email us at </span><u><span style="font-family:Helvetica;color:#094ee5;">daytime6@deepdish.tv</span></u><span style="font-family:Arial;"></span></p> <p style="text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:Arial;"> </span></p>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards