Outdoor Weddings

Decision Needed 2 Days Before

Just a vent. Love my venue and they have a great terrace we'll be married on assuming the weather is nice.

For rain locations they gave us two options. First is to move inside and use the other half of our reception hall for the ceremony. Second is hard to describe but the best comparison I can make to describe what option two would be is to say "think parking garage." Our venue has an overhang where we'd be able to fit everyone under and keep them dry but we'd literally be sitting among concrete pillars that are holding up the building. The floor of the room our reception will be in would be the "cover" over this space.

Since I'm not thrilled about getting married in what looks like a parking garage if it rains, we're picking the inside space as our rain location. But I have to make that decision 2 days before the wedding. No waiting until the morning of.... booooooo. If weather predictions are wrong I could have a perfectly sunny day but still be getting married inside.

Oh well. Better than wet guests or the parking garage.

Re: Decision Needed 2 Days Before

• I would negotiate with the vendor and ask if you can make the decision the day before.  24 hours is better than 48 hours when predicting weather, and honestly, they likely won't set up until the day before anyway, so see if you can push them a little.
  • I would negotiate with the vendor and ask if you can make the decision the day before.  24 hours is better than 48 hours when predicting weather, and honestly, they likely won't set up until the day before anyway, so see if you can push them a little.
    I agree with this.  Heck, depending on what time your wedding is, they may not even start setting up until the morning of.

• That really sucks, The weather is so unpredictable. The forecast could easily change the day before or the day of. 
    I agree with this.  Heck, depending on what time your wedding is, they may not even start setting up until the morning of.
    11:30 on a Sunday; I think that's part of the challenge.  They'll be there super late Saturday night cleaning up from the wedding that night, and/or have to be back super early the next morning.  Might be worried about getting it all done on time.
  • Here's a pic.  See how dark it is under there?!  I'd need to give out fucking flash lights! 

• Just a vent. Love my venue and they have a great terrace we'll be married on assuming the weather is nice. For rain locations they gave us two options. First is to move inside and use the other half of our reception hall for the ceremony. Second is hard to describe but the best comparison I can make to describe what option two would be is to say "think parking garage." Our venue has an overhang where we'd be able to fit everyone under and keep them dry but we'd literally be sitting among concrete pillars that are holding up the building. The floor of the room our reception will be in would be the "cover" over this space. Since I'm not thrilled about getting married in what looks like a parking garage if it rains, we're picking the inside space as our rain location. But I have to make that decision 2 days before the wedding. No waiting until the morning of.... booooooo. If weather predictions are wrong I could have a perfectly sunny day but still be getting married inside. Oh well. Better than wet guests or the parking garage.
    You have a good attitude towards this. An indoor wedding is perfectly fine and it's great that you are considering your guest's comfort over your "vision"  In the end, you will still be married and it will still be awesome.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that there is a 0% chance of rain forecast on your wedding day, and then the choice is easy!
    --

• Yea I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the parking garage space either. You're right - way too dark. I don't think pics would turn out very well. Definitely see if they'd be flexible/reasonable about knowing 2 days in advance. If not you just have to make a tough call.

Hopefully you'll check the weather and it'll be a week of sunny skies and 0% chance precipitation, so this will be a non-issue.
    *********************************************************************************

• hsgator said:

getting married inside.

Oh well. Better than wet guests or the parking garage.

You have a good attitude towards this. An indoor wedding is perfectly fine and it's great that you are considering your guest's comfort over your "vision"  In the end, you will still be married and it will still be awesome.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that there is a 0% chance of rain forecast on your wedding day, and then the choice is easy!

Thank you!
  • So what would happen if two days before you say outside. And then the day of, it's starts raining. Are you just screwed? Will they just make you get married in the rain?
  • MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Once you posted a picture, I think it's actually not so terrible. I'd probably have it inside if weather is bad, but that underneath area is not as bad as you had me thinking. Maybe I've seen Phantom of the Opera one too many times, but I think that with some candles and maybe other decorative lighting, it could be beautiful.
  • So what would happen if two days before you say outside. And then the day of, it's starts raining. Are you just screwed? Will they just make you get married in the rain?

I agree with this. Honestly, if you say outside, and you look out the window at 5am, and it's pouring down rain, they'll have to come up with a backup plan.
  • They would put us in the "parking garage" since it's adjacent to the terrace.  My planner was kind of thinking the same thing and she said she strongly suspects they would move us under there.

Especially b/c the indoor space is being used the night before.  It may not be totally cleaned when we get there the next morning if we're not going to use it; they'll just close it off so no one can go in there to see the mess.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards