Wedding Party

My wedding day is my bridesmaid's birthday

I am getting married May 2nd of this year. That date happens to be one of my bridesmaid's birthday. Any creative or cute ideas (can be something little) that I can do for her special on wedding day to let her know I didn't forget her birthday/want to make her feel special?

Thanks in advance!

Re: My wedding day is my bridesmaid's birthday

• Give her a card, a present if you normally do, and wish her a happy birthday. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You could always have some cupcakes prior to the wedding when you are getting ready to wish her a happy birthday.  Give her a card and present, if you normally do that too.  You could also ask the DJ to play her favorite song and give her a shout out for her birthday.
  • You could always have some cupcakes prior to the wedding when you are getting ready to wish her a happy birthday.  Give her a card and present, if you normally do that too.  You could also ask the DJ to play her favorite song and give her a shout out for her birthday.
    I like these ideas, but make sure she's okay with the bolded before you do it.
  • I vote cake. Either a small cake or a cupcake. Depending on how she is about being the center of attention, bring it out before the ceremony while you are getting ready or during the reception. 
  • My sister's wedding fell on my birthday so they surprised me with a cake and everyone singing happy birthday during the rehearsal dinner. I thought it was really sweet and thoughtful. It was also nice that it was on a smaller scale versus during the wedding reception (which may be awkward).
  • What about cake/cupcakes as you're getting ready? You can sing her Happy Birthday
  • That's my wedding date too! 

Have birthday cake for breakfast with her? Give her a nice bday card and make sure to take the time just to say "happy birthday!" to her. 
  • My wedding is 5/29, one of my bridesmaids bday is 5/27 & another is 5/28! We're having the rehearsal dinner on 5/28 (I repeatedly made sure this was ok with her!) and the restaurant supplies an occasion cake, so we're going to have happy birthday and their names on it and sing to them.  They've both made it clear they don't mind the date we picked and love that they can celebrate with us, but I still don't want them to think we are overshadowing them either!  I think as long as you acknowledge it and do something special, no matter how big or small, she will really appreciate it
  • What about cake/cupcakes as you're getting ready? You can sing her Happy Birthday

This is what I would do.
  • My sister's wedding day was the same as two of our cousins's birthdays. She had a smaller cake that said "Happy Birthday B and C!" made and put by their places at the head table. I thought it was really sweet. And I don't think anybody made a big deal out of it, but it was a nice gesture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards