Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

First look timeline help!

Hi everyone!

We're getting married in November, 2015 and are starting to (try to) figure out the logistical details (which are so not our thing).  We are getting married on a Friday in a Catholic church, with the ceremony starting at 4:30 and reception at a hotel at 6:00.  So, after both fiance and I got used to the idea, we decided to do a first look and basically all of our photos before the ceremony so that we can have daylight photos.  We want to have a limo to take the bridal party around town with us to do photos for a couple hours prior to the ceremony, but I'd also love to just have some time alone with my fiance first (maybe a half hour) to do the first look.  We are all going to be getting ready at the hotel where the reception is the morning of the wedding, but I don't really want to do the first look photos there (not really sure why except I've always imagined all of our wedding photos to be in the downtown area of our home and then at the church).  With all that info, my question is this:  How do we do this, or is it even possible?  Should my fiance and I drive somewhere (separately) to do first look photos, then have a limo pick up the bridal party at the hotel and meet us for the rest of the photos?  Or should I suck it up and find somewhere at the hotel that we like to do the first look, and then have the limo pick us up after?  That seems like the easiest option, now that I've put it that way.  But still, any suggestions or input would be very helpful!  Thank you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First look timeline help!

• If you want to have a first look downtown, and I'm assuming you are paying for the limo for a full day. I would have the limo pick up your FI, drop him off, pick you up and then you take your photos while the limp drives back to pick up the bridal party. If the timing doesn't work out for 3 limo runs, ask if your FI can ride with your photog as he/she would need to go to the first look as well.

It's a lot of logistics, it will take extra time, so only you can decide. Personally I'd plan on "sucking it up" especially since it's good to have a back up plan with weather.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I had this issue also, but I'm having a day wedding.  We are doing a first look outside of the hotel (luckily there is a little park across the street right on the water) and when that's done, we are inviting the rest of the bridal party down to the park to take some formal pictures.  Just be prepared to get ready very early.  I was in a wedding and we had to take a shuttle to the location where the bride did the first look and we did formal photos. We were up at 6:30am and we still ran late for a 6:00pm ceremony.  

• We actually did our first look at the church.  J and his GM got ready at his parents house, and I and my girls got ready at a B&B.  Then, we all met up at the church (parents included), and did our first look in the sanctuary (I walked down the aisle to him, but it was just the two of us and the photographer in the sanctuary at first).  We allotted about half an hour for that, but we were ready to go sooner.

Then, we took pictures with bridal party and parents for about forty-five minutes, then they all left back to my ILs house for pizza.  We took another 45 minutes for pictures with just the two of us, and then went for something to eat also, until it was time for all of us to head over to the church for our 7pm ceremony.

4:00 - 4:30, first look
    4:30 - 5:15, family & bridal party
    5:15 - 6:00, J&C
    6:00 - 6:30, supper & relaxing
    6:45, church

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards