Chit Chat

I got in!!!!

I just was notified that I was accepted into the grad school program I applied to.  I really didn't think I would get in because everyone was so qualified and there were so few spots available.  But I made it!  The program starts in May, so I have two months to get my act together, find a place to live, and organize my life.  I'm just still in shock.  I didn't think it would happen; I thought I would be forced to push things back another year.  I finally feel like I am out of limbo and moving forward, and as painful as the next two years are going to be, I couldn't be more grateful, or more excited.  

I can't remember whose siggy this is, but I'm borrowing it for the moment.

Does anyone else have good news to share?

Re: I got in!!!!

• MadHops21MadHops21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome new milestone in your life. Good luck with everything! 

ETA My good news is that I finally got the proposal menu from the caterer I've been dying to get, and it seems doable. Just need to schedule tastings now, yuuuuum. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • yay congrats!!!! That's such awesome news!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Yay!!  That's so awesome and scary at the same time.  I'm still waiting on my application and I still wonder why I'm doing this again.  Congrats to you!!

• Congratulations!

• Thanks, everyone!  

@Madhops21, do you have anything on the menu that you're super excited about so far?

@Winstonsgirl, did they tell you when you could expect to hear back from them?

• Congratulations! I wish we celebrated these achievements for women the same as we do for catching a man. I'll have some drinks for you ;)

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Congratulations!

My good news this week is that I got into a big international conference at Oxford in August!  The conference only happens every 4 years.  Now I just have to find the money to pay for the trip.

• Congrats, I absolutely loved grad school! 
  • Yay! I knew you would. Awesome chick like you, they can't pass you up!

My good news is that FI has an interview today with the city, as the food services and events manager. The deadline to apply was 5:00 on Monday. At 5:25 the hr manager called him to set up an interview. I am SO excited for this stupid interview. I've gotten my hopes up too high already.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Congratulations! Grad school is awesome no matter what you're studying, I think, because everyone is there because they just love that subject.

My good news is that it's Friday which means at 4 pm I start my spring break! And also FI and I finally sent some of the photos we like from our engagement shoot to his sister, so we can get the ball rolling on designing the STD's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Congrats!!! As a fellow grad student, I can tell you that getting accepted is no small accomplishment! Celebrate yourself!
  • Yay! That is so awesome! Congrats!!! :) 
  • That's awesome!!  Congratulations!
  • Congrats!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That's great! Congratulations!
  • Congrats lady!! Woo hoo!

• That's fantastic! Congrats!  What are you going to be studying?
  • Hooray for you!!! Is it a big move?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • So exciting! Grad school is fun. Cheers to lifelong learning! 

• Yay thats awesome! I hope to join you! I apply next year and V is waiting still to see if he got in the programs or not. I guess my good news is I'm going to GSA ( a geology conference) next fall. I will be meeting a professor that I would be working with if I get in their university. I've already emailed and talked to her but I'm still really excited!
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Thank you guys!!!  And a huge thank you to everyone who helped me prepare for my interview a month back!  It really helped me prepare.  =)

@hellosweetie1015, that's awesome!  I'm sending you guys good vibes for the interview! 

@melbenso, I am getting my Nurse Practitioner degree.  It's an accelerated program, so you work on getting your BSN/RN for the first 15 months and then you work on your specialty to get your Master's degree. 

@KatieinBlkn, it's only about an hour and a half from where I live, but it's just far enough that I won't be able to commute like that every day, much less pay for the gas. Traffic can be terrible too, and spending four hours in traffic every day is definitely time I will be needing to study instead.

@buttercup1958, good luck!  What program are you applying to?

ETF: Words, because I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

• Congratulations!! Grad school is awesome (99% of the time!)
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Congrats!!! 
  • @levioosa - not any time soon.  Deadline for application is the end of March, but I'm still waiting on 1 reference letter for my application to be complete.  I'm actually in the middle of a drafted e-mail to this Prof for a reminder to write it for me!!  I asked back in Jan and he said yes and that I could put him down as a potential supervisor.  I think he just hasn't gotten to it yet.  I didn't want to bug him as I know he's busy, but I figure now is a good time since 1 month gives him lot of time to write it but it's getting close enough for me to mention it. 

• levioosa Thanks! I think its really great that you got in. Some of my brothers friends did the sahing as you and they loved it. We should have big parties for accomplisments more often I think. I'm applying to museum studies programs. I'm hoping by working with the geology department along with getting my MA will make me stand out. I'm hoping to become a museum program director eventually ha.
  • @levioosa Thanks! It was a really short interview, so I dunno what to make of it - he was done in 30 minutes. 

I just really want him to get this job. We'll feel so much more secure, plus it'll keep him here until Bossman retires so we theoretically won't have to do long-distance.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards