Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Backless bras for big boobs!

Ladies, I need help. My wedding is in July, and I'm on the hunt for a low-back/backless bra. I wear a 38HH and there's really nothing out there that I can find!

I say current because I bought it too quickly and wasn't thinking about it's wearability in July (the beading makes it weigh a ton and it's super hot lol), so there may be another dress (in love with http://www.allurebridals.com/products/8965 which has even less of a back!).

Please help!

Re: Backless bras for big boobs!

• Options
    For the first dress, you can probably do a lot of the longline bras that are out there.  You might have to have the seamstress alter it a bit. (the really low back longlines don't come in your size, at least that I could find.

this one is somewhat scooped in the back, and your seamstress could likely make it a little more scooped. 

they could probably alter it to be more like this:

It would be a little less support, but would likely be fine.  I had to have my longline altered a bit because it came up too high in the front, and I added plastic snaps on the exterior of the bra, and interior of the dress to prevent slippage.  A good seamstress can work wonders.

If you don't need much support (like, you don't need any lift), then your seamstress may just be able to sew cups into the dress, and you won't need a bra at all.  I am a 38H, and I am 44, so, I needed some lift, so I couldn't go that route.  It was quite comical when we tried.
  • Options
    I think with the second dress you're going to have a tough time finding any sort of low back or backless bra that will provide any real support. If you DO end up going with that dress, you could do like what QueerFemme suggested and get cups sewn in to the dress for some additional support and shape. 

If you stick with the first dress or find something with a similar shape that you like more, you shouldn't have an issue with altering most low-back longline bras so they won't show.

I was going to go the long-line bra route with my dress but when the actual dress arrived it turned out to be supportive enough for my DD boobs to go without a bra, which was a HUGE surprise to me!

• Options
    As a 36DDD, I am pretty much not looking at backless dresses because I totally understand your bra dilemma. That said, I have some ideas.

As QueerFemme said, any longline bra should be alterable for the first dress.

Taping might be an option with the second dress.

Also for the second dress, you might be able to get a long line bra in your correct size, add clear straps that criss cross in the back under the top lace portion and attach off to the sides out of the way of the keyhole, then cut away most of the back of the longline so that it only hooks at the bottom near your waist. Either have your seamstress do this stuff, or add some fray-stop type product to any cut edges.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards