November 2016 Weddings

Hello

There does not seem to be much talking going on in here so I thought I would start. 

We are getting Married Nov 2, 2016 (Yup that is a Wednesday, as I have to keep telling my vendors). We are planning a destination wedding in Key Largo, FL. So what are your plans?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

Hi!

I, too, am getting married "mid week".  Nov 1st 2016.  Got the first day for the discounted pricing. LOL.  My side of the family is traveling, and traveling quite a distance, so to them it didn't matter what day it fell on.  My fiance's side lives in the area, and we're giving them ample notice to take off work!

SO glad to hear that I'm not the "odd man out" with an un-weekend wedding.  But our rehersal dinner/party falls on Halloween.  That's pretty cool.  FL will be awesome in November, can't wait to hear how it goes for you (a day after mine)!

• We're getting married Nov 5. It will be my parents' 33rd wedding anniversary. We're getting married in a historic house. It's a small wedding (around 50 people or so). I have very few people that will be there because we are getting married in Texas where I live and my finace is from. A couple weeks later we will go back to Ohio and have a party to celebrate with those who couldn't make the trip (around 80 people). We plan to make that party a casual open-house style affair.

I haven't picked out my dress yes, but my very talented neighbor from back home is going to make a veil for me using the lace from my mother's dress (I would have considered wearing hers or altering hers, but I'm bigger and taller than my mom)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married Nov. 5 :) We're getting married in Ohio, which part are you from? I originally wanted to get married in October but our venue was full, so I begged them to open up the first weekend of November for us because I wanted it so bad haha luckily they're so easy going that it all worked out. I have the venue caterer and photographer, what else have you guys been doing? I feel like there's not much left to work on until it gets closer.
  • I have been so busy with school that I have not been doing much, till a few weekends ago. We went to a wedding and now I am charged up to get mine back on track. I have the venue, caterer, photographer for a while now and just did the DJ, Photo booth, and I am working on getting quotes for the transportation. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married Nov. 5 :) We're getting married in Ohio, which part are you from? I originally wanted to get married in October but our venue was full, so I begged them to open up the first weekend of November for us because I wanted it so bad haha luckily they're so easy going that it all worked out. I have the venue caterer and photographer, what else have you guys been doing? I feel like there's not much left to work on until it gets closer.
    I am from Hancock county, OH. I'd prefer to get married up there, but FMIL has trouble walking and such severe anxiety she doesn't venture far from home, and FSIL has MS to the point it's hard for her to walk using a walker. Plus, his family and friends wouldn't be able to afford to travel. That's why we're getting married here, in Texas, and having a party later in Ohio to celebrate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards