Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Sweaty armpits and saggy lady parts.

Sorry for the most unattractive topic title name in the history of ever.

But, just being real with everyone here - when I get nervous, I sweat a LOT. And it doesn't matter how many layers of deodorant I apply - it gets stinky and sweaty quick. So I know on my wedding day I'm going to be freaking out, especially about walking down the aisle (I'm pretty shy and HATE being the center of attention, so picturing everyone's eyes on me has my heart thudding). I was wondering if any fellow sweaty ladies have a recommendation on a top-notch deodorant to use for my big day. I don't mind if it's one of the pricier ones.

Also, I need a strapless silicone strapless adhesive bra to wear with my dress, which as a really low back. I've found a lot on Amazon and am kind of overwhelmed with the options I have. Did anyone else use one for their wedding as well, and if so, what brand or type did you use? Should I stick to my real cup size or go up a size for extra va-va-voom?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Sweaty armpits and saggy lady parts.

• Many years ago, I went through a period of time where I was sweating like crazy.  I used Certain-Dri and it worked AMAZING!  Seriously, go out and try it now.  I've also good things about Secret Clinical, though admittedly I haven't tried that.

As for the bra, I was originally going to go with a strapless, but when I went to my fitting it was not flattering with my dress.....it squeezed skin up and out.  I then tried it on without and it was much more flattering!  So I had cups sewn in.  I'm not small by any means, but the corset dress held everything in.  Highly recommend if you are able to.
  • I'm also in a time of my life where I tend to sweat more than usual. I've tried Secret Clinical without good results. @joanE2012, is Certain-Dri sold at most stores like Target? I've never heard of it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ditto Certain-Dri. It's sold everywhere. It's usually on the bottom shelf, in a white box. It's a little different in that you put it on at night. Then in the moening you just apply your regular. It blocks the glands or something. I don't really know, just love the stuff lol.

It can burn a bit if you just shaved, and leave redness. So I would get some now and try it first, you wouldn't want to slather it on for the first time the night before. You'll get used to it.
  • cgss11 said:

Ditto Certain-Dri. It's sold everywhere. It's usually on the bottom shelf, in a white box. It's a little different in that you put it on at night. Then in the moening you just apply your regular. It blocks the glands or something. I don't really know, just love the stuff lol.

It can burn a bit if you just shaved, and leave redness. So I would get some now and try it first, you wouldn't want to slather it on for the first time the night before. You'll get used to it.

I've always wondered about those ones you apply at night (because I've tried them and haven't had much success). Does it matter if you shower at night or in the morning with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• anrforanr said:

cgss11 said:

Ditto Certain-Dri. It's sold everywhere. It's usually on the bottom shelf, in a white box. It's a little different in that you put it on at night. Then in the moening you just apply your regular. It blocks the glands or something. I don't really know, just love the stuff lol.

I've always wondered about those ones you apply at night (because I've tried them and haven't had much success). Does it matter if you shower at night or in the morning with them?
    Shower at night, then Certain Dri. If you've just shaved your armpits, you will feel the burn and run around in circles swearing. So ditto cgss11. Buy it in advance so you have time to get used to it and don't have brilliant red armpits.

(I anxiety sweat for important occasions, like job interviews and speaking in public. Great. Everyone listen to Stinky.)

Bonus points for Certain Dri- it also works on the bottoms of your feet, beautifully, if you don't want damp feet in your pretty shoes. 
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    @anrforanr - Google Certain-Dri and you'll see the box it comes in so it''ll make your search in the store easier.  Pretty sure it's carried everywhere.  I honestly can't remember too much about using it (night application, shaving irritation, etc), but all I remember was that it was a life changing miracle during that time.  Good luck!
  • I'll have to try Certain-Dri for sure. I'm kind of glad to hear that Secret Clinical wasn't too much of a game changer, because I was considering buying it just to see if it worked and it's expensive!
  • hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I also suggest CertainDri! Try it out and see if it works. Also, in extreme cases, some people get injections from their doctor to help cut down on the sweating. But yeah, that's definitely an extreme solution!

Also, when I read the thread title I thought you were talking about a saggy vagina. I was so confused.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:

I also suggest CertainDri! Try it out and see if it works. Also, in extreme cases, some people get injections from their doctor to help cut down on the sweating. But yeah, that's definitely an extreme solution!

Also, when I read the thread title I thought you were talking about a saggy vagina. I was so confused.

My mind TOTALLY went there too! Then I was reading about a strapless silicone.. WHAT!? Glad I kept reading to clear that one up!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG lmao! No, no. My vagina is perfectly fine, thank goodness!!
  • cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Try the Degree clinical protection. The Secret brand doesn't work for me but Degree does. Also, talk to your PCP about getting a prescription deodorant. I did that and it worked really well. It dried my skin out a lot but I didn't sweat.

• suteki325 said:

OMG lmao! No, no. My vagina is perfectly fine, thank goodness!!

Well good to know we don't need to help you come up with supportive silicone for that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would talk to your doctor and ask for an Rx for drysol. I have hyperhydrosis and sweat in -10 degree weather! I tried everything over the counter even men's deodorants and it didn't work so when I tried the drysol I was floored that it worked. It's a topical solution you put on at night and when you wake you use deodorant with NO aluminum and you won't sweat where you placed it. I had to use it every night for a month then I was able to switch to 2-3 times a week to use at night. I never sweat anymore and I stopped ruining my clothes too! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards