Chit Chat

Women Tell All! (Yes, the Bachelor)

lovegood90lovegood90 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2015 in Chit Chat

Didn't know if I should have just brought up old Bachelor threads  instead, but oh well- who's excited for this shitshow tonight?!

I hope crazy Kelsey and KardAshley throw it down. And I pray to all the trashy reality TV gods that Britt is not the next Bachelorette! 

Formerly martha1818

Re: Women Tell All! (Yes, the Bachelor)

• I am right there with you! 
  • I am SO EXCITED for tonight. The past few seasons WTA/MTA has been pretty dull, this year should be good!

• daria24 said:

I am SO EXCITED for tonight. The past few seasons WTA/MTA has been pretty dull, this year should be good!

Yes, agreed! I found they built it up in the commercials the past few seasons but there was actually very little substance. Hopefully this year is better (heck, they have enough material I think ;))

Formerly martha1818

• Oh mah gah, I'm so excited for tonight!! I saw a clip of Britt sitting on the couch with Chris Harrison. She and Carly of course seem to have it out. 
  • I'm excited, my FI is excited, my dog is excited. The three of us will definitely be tuning in tonight. 

And I think Kaitlyn is the next bachelorette. There are a lot of rumors floating around.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Can't. Freakin'. WAIT!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ugh. Just, yes. This is what is getting me through my Monday. 
  • peachy13 said:

I'm excited, my FI is excited, my dog is excited. The three of us will definitely be tuning in tonight. 

And I think Kaitlyn is the next bachelorette. There are a lot of rumors floating around.
    That is exactly what I thought after her exit. She left gracefully and you can just tell the editing was probably to maintain/increase her likeability. I mean, they wouldn't make someone the next Bachelorette who left screaming and crying hysterically, right?

I originally thought Brit would be the next Bachelorette, but after all the drama I highly doubt it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peachy13 said:

I'm excited, my FI is excited, my dog is excited. The three of us will definitely be tuning in tonight. 

I heard this rumor, too.  Looking forward to watching it tomorrow (have other plans tonight).
  • Did anyone else see Ashley Eyelashes on Kimmel? She was actually...ALMOST...likeable?

Formerly martha1818

• I just hope Chris does a better job speaking this time ;)

Lol whenever he gave his little mini speeches for rose ceremonies, or when he was saying good-bye to Kaitlin, I would just cringe the whole time. 
  • Oh man, here we go
  • Holy 50 shades of cray. I think this is probably the looniest WTA ever. 
  • Sooo FI and I were fast forwarding through stuff we didn't care about annnnd did I miss them announcing the new bachelorette?! I didn't hear it!
    Anniversary

• They didn't announce it yet! Hopefully next week they will.

Did anyone else feel SO uncomfortable when Britt was just digging her claws into Chris during their hug? He's engaged to another woman, FFS, get over yourself!

Formerly martha1818

Did anyone else feel SO uncomfortable when Britt was just digging her claws into Chris during their hug? He's engaged to another woman, FFS, get over yourself!

Is he?  (wait, don't tell me spoilers)

Is he?  (wait, don't tell me spoilers)
    Oh, I was just assuming! Because the final episode was filmed back in October I thought?

Formerly martha1818

• I'm so disappointed that they didn't ask Britt about her bitchtastic freak out over Kaitlyn getting the group date rose, because that seems like more of a reason that Chris was done with her, rather than something Carly said.

I love that Kardashley didn't get much screen time.
  • Yeah, I really liked Carly too. Sometimes I felt she was a bit gossipy, but she seemed super down-to-earth. 

Ashley S. is pure gold. She is bonkers and it's so funny (although I still think she's putting-on for the camera).
  • I was laughing so hard when Jillian jumped out of her seat yelling and Chris Harrison was all, "Hey. You're getting fired up!" 

And yeah, I also really liked Carly. They did seem to villainize her a bit last night. It was weird to me that Britt was still playing the baby deer act, all sweet and innocent, "But Carly I thought we were friends! We were best friends! How could you!" on and on and on. And yet, when Chris brought up that she might be lying to him, she automatically said "Carly told you that, didn't she?" So... she knew Carly was the one saying stuff.... and Carly had called her out to her face multiple times.... but she was SO shocked? Whatever, Britt.   
  • daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I still think Kelsey has a streak of BSC, but she handled last night pretty well. She remained calm, and kept apologizing, versus getting defensive. Whereas Britt went straight for the 'woe is me, everyone is against me' card. So I got to give it to Kelsey for keeping on message. 

Oof Carly did not come off some well last night.  
  • @daria24, I agree.  I had really liked Carly until last night.  I also wonder about Kelsey.  I've had several panic attacks, and I've NEVER bounced back that quickly from any of them.  Granted, the editing may have been a factor, but the ones I have take at least a day to recover from.
  • @daria24, I agree.  I had really liked Carly until last night.  I also wonder about Kelsey.  I've had several panic attacks, and I've NEVER bounced back that quickly from any of them.  Granted, the editing may have been a factor, but the ones I have take at least a day to recover from.

I had the same reaction to that episode. I've had some full-blown panic attacks and I was definitely NOT fine and giggling a few minutes later (like you said, though, maybe the editing just made it seem like a really short span of time or something?). After going through a panic attack I'm always super exhausted and feeling terrible. For quite a while. But whatever. 
  • edited March 2015

I don't believe Kelsey's panic attack was real or that anything about her is real. Chris figured out early that she thought she was better than the others, but he had to play the game.

And Ashley, why oh why did she think being a virgin was her Ace in the hole? (I'm snickering over this phrase.)

And crazy Ashley, I've met people like her. I'm totally buying that she's crazy.

• I have an anxiety disorder, and there was a time I would have several mild panic attacks a day. Even now, the attacks vary in strength a lot. Some of them, unless you know specifically what to look for (my "tells" so to speak), you wouldn't be able to tell I am even having an attack while it is happening. The mild ones are easy to bounce back from really quickly.

Now, there are times when I have a really severe attack that take days to bounce back. They are horrifying and really scare me even though I know what is happening. After those I feel like crap for days. Luckily, those don't happen often.

Just wanted to clarify that it is possible to have a panic attack and bounce back very quickly. I do think she was at least playing it up a bit though, if not outright faking it.
  • Regardless of 'bounce back' time, my main reason for thinking Kelsey was faking was her body position. In my experience (not extensive, I'll admit - I've had 3 panics attacks myself, and observed them in an employee a few times) there has consistently been a protective body position. Curling up in a ball, hugging your body, etc. She sprawled out on her back, back fully arched, shoulders down, chin tilted up. Her position doesn't look panicked or comforting, but rather confident and deliberate.

Have any of you who've had panic attacks fallen into that sort of position?
  • Regardless of 'bounce back' time, my main reason for thinking Kelsey was faking was her body position. In my experience (not extensive, I'll admit - I've had 3 panics attacks myself, and observed them in an employee a few times) there has consistently been a protective body position. Curling up in a ball, hugging your body, etc. She sprawled out on her back, back fully arched, shoulders down, chin tilted up. Her position doesn't look panicked or comforting, but rather confident and deliberate.

Have any of you who've had panic attacks fallen into that sort of position?

I have ZERO experience with panic attacks so correct me if I'm wrong, but theoretically this makes sense. Even when I saw the preview before the episode, she looked and was acting to me like she had broken her leg or something. I remember thinking she was running out to talk to Chris or something and probably slipped in her heels and fell. She seemed in pain, not overly anxious. Again, I have zero knowledge of how this can affect someone. Just saying. 
    Anniversary

• @lizabobiza I have never curled into a protective position while having an attack. During an attack I get mock chest pains and feel like I can't get enough air despite breathing deeply. I also have an overwhelming thought that I am dying, it is a heart attack or stroke, etc, even though I KNOW none of those things are happening.

I always try to stay as stretched out as possible, sit straight up, or even stand if possible because it is a way to know that I really can breathe just fine and I am clearly not dying if I can move around. It is also a way to try to get my body to realize that I am not in any danger and to try to relax. The more I can try to relax and focus on the fact I am OK, the quicker it ends. Curling up in a ball would only prolong my symptoms.

Again, I do think she was faking or pretending it was worse than it was.
  • Awe, littlemushroom (I can't help but say awe, your username is really cute)

Mine have felt more like everything is rushing at me, like my body is being flooded by anxiety from every direction, at which point my blood pressure bottoms out. So, left in a panicky puddle for a while. Yours sound way worse, I'm so sorry :/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards