Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Any experience with weddings at a park?

We want a small, fun, inexpensive wedding. 
We're looking into Sunset or Mountain Crest park, so that we can play disc golf after, at the reception! (Yes, in my dress!)

Anyone ever hold or attend a wedding at either park?  Pros/cons?  
"I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way." ~Kiersten White

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any experience with weddings at a park?

• Options
    Do those parks already have picnic shelters, tables, and chairs of some kind? Otherwise, renting tables, chairs, a tent (so people aren't stuck sitting in the sun), and other supplies can end up costing as much as an indoor venue.
  • Options
    They do, thankfully.  They have plenty of picnic tables, and shade too. (My fiance is a ginger, and burns easily.)
    :)  
    "I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way." ~Kiersten White

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sunset Park might - I've been there several times - but I've never seen full on tables, chairs, etc. for large groups. They have some picnic areas with a couple tables, or one picnic table under a small shelter... but I haven't seen a larger space - which I just might not have seen it so it could be there, but definitely look in to this more.

Sunset Park is also a VERY popular public park - there are always sporting events, club sports, bootcamps, family gatherings, etc. going on. Just something to keep in mind when planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, we're planning to head out there this week or weekend to figure out the exact spot, and possibly reserve a space...I'm really hoping for no disc golf tournaments, because I REALLY want to play disc golf in my dress and doctor who shoes...plus the tourney guys are jerks.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, also, I did look up all the different spots that are able to be reserved, and they have a couple with shelter...the one we like is all tree covered, so I REALLY hope it doesn't rain!  lol  But if it does, it will just be an adventure, and we'll figure something else out.  
    We're looking for super informal, casual, bbq reception, etc. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards