Not Engaged Yet
Options

Saying hello

Hi everyone, I just joined!  I just turned 30 and I live in NYC. 

I'm not engaged yet but a little birdie (one of my best friends, whom my SO confided in) accidentally slipped and told me that my SO has the ring and he's planning a surprise/special proposal. So, now I'm just waiting not-so-patiently for him to propose. We've been together for almost 3 years, we've been living together for almost 1-1/2 years, and we've been seriously discussing marriage for about a year now. 

I haven't done any serious wedding planning, but we've actually discussed things together like venues, guest lists, colors, themes, etc. We're both huge Harry Potter fans so we've been throwing around the idea for a HP themed wedding for a while now. He also enjoys watching SYTTD and commenting on all the dresses, even though he wants absolutely nothing to do with me picking out my dress. 

So yeah, just wanted to say hi! Would love to chat with any other brides or soon-to-be brides in the NYC area :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Saying hello

• Options
    Hi and welcome! 

I'm not a bride or a bride-to-be so I hope Old Married Hags are allowed to join in? I went to college in NYC and lived in Jersey City for 8 years after that. I just moved to the 'burbs of NJ in January. 

Try to keep your patience pants on! We can help keep you occupied.

How do you feel about guacamole?
    Favorite restaurant in the city?
    What's the last book you read?

• Options
    Welcome!

I currently live in the Bronx and lived in Manhattan for two years after college. I joined this board about a thousand years ago (okay, almost 3 years ago!) and will be getting married in May.

Questions for you:

1) Favorite Harry Potter book?
    2) Favorite brunch spot?
    3) Drink of choice?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an old married Hag as well. We have been married for one year and some change and we live in the SOUTH so not very close to NYC lol. I joined this board right before DH and I got engaged so I know how you feel at this point. It's crazy knowing there is something coming but I promise the more you occupy yourself with something besides thinking about when the proposal is coming, the better it is.

That's why we are here! 

Questions:

1. Do you have pets? If so, what kind? Pictures?
    2. Where do you like to go on vacation?
    3.  Favorite HP character?
  • Options
    HI and welcome!

Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome!  OMH here as well...we tend to stick around after getting married.  :)
  • Options
    Welcome! Engaged and reasonably-soon-to-be-OMH here.

What's your favorite Pinterest disaster?
    What's your favorite dessert?
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Welcome! Another OMH here! I joined nearly a year before H and I got engaged. We're all here to help keep the BSC (bat shit crazy) in check while you wait for your impending proposal plus most of us like to stick around after our engagements and weddings and continue chatting because we've all become such good friends.

How long have you and your SO been together?

How did you meet?

In regards to HP, do you have a favorite book/movie?

• Options

Hi! I am also anxiously and not so patiently waiting for my SO to propose too. I've heard that it's coming but I don't know when. Anywho, TK definitely keeps me occupied even if I'm mostly just a lurker. I'm also an NYC girl who's currently residing in Brooklyn.

• Options
    Swazzle said:

Hi and welcome! 

I'm not a bride or a bride-to-be so I hope Old Married Hags are allowed to join in? I went to college in NYC and lived in Jersey City for 8 years after that. I just moved to the 'burbs of NJ in January. 

Try to keep your patience pants on! We can help keep you occupied.

How do you feel about guacamole?
    Favorite restaurant in the city?
    What's the last book you read?
    Yes, definitely!! I hope you guys are staying warm out there, that must have been a heck of a move in January!

I absolutely adore guacamole! So far I think the best guac in the city is at this place in Hell's Kitchen, El Centro, but honestly I prefer my own homemade guac.

Gosh, I have to pick just one??? It depends on my mood I guess. Tonight we're ordering in Indian from our favorite place on the UWS....I'm already salivating at the thought!

The last book I read, I'm currently in the middle of reading Citadel by Kate Mosse.
  • Options

Welcome!

I currently live in the Bronx and lived in Manhattan for two years after college. I joined this board about a thousand years ago (okay, almost 3 years ago!) and will be getting married in May.

Questions for you:

1) Favorite Harry Potter book?
    2) Favorite brunch spot?
    3) Drink of choice?
    My SO is from Riverdale so we spend a lot of time in the Bronx :)

Favorite HP book is definitely Prisoner of Azkaban, though Deathly Hollows is a better novel I would argue.

Favorite brunch spot is a tie between Indian Road Cafe in Inwood and Good Enough to Eat on the UWS.

I like anything sweet cocktail-wise, I love white wine, and microbeers. My default is usual a riesling.
  • Options

I'm an old married Hag as well. We have been married for one year and some change and we live in the SOUTH so not very close to NYC lol. I joined this board right before DH and I got engaged so I know how you feel at this point. It's crazy knowing there is something coming but I promise the more you occupy yourself with something besides thinking about when the proposal is coming, the better it is.

That's why we are here! 

Questions:

1. Do you have pets? If so, what kind? Pictures?
    2. Where do you like to go on vacation?
    3.  Favorite HP character?
    After this winter I'm quite jealous that you are someplace warm!! I agree, it's tough knowing it's coming.  I really wish I didn't know anything and it was a complete surprise but even without the slip we've been discussing it for so long I knew it was coming anyways. He's stated that he's proposing before his birthday, which is 2 months from today....so I already have a narrow timeframe to know when to expect it.

We don't have any pets but I grew up with dogs. My parents had two cocker spaniels, but one had to be put down in December 2013, she had cancer. The other dog (they were sisters) is Casey, she's almost 15. Here's a picture of Casey from Halloween last year.

Favorite vacation spot...the beach, I don't care where, just as long as it's warm, sunny, and beautiful. Though we are discussing the idea of a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon :)

Favorite HP character is Hermione because I see so much of myself in her.

• Options

Welcome! Engaged and reasonably-soon-to-be-OMH here.

What's your favorite Pinterest disaster?
    What's your favorite dessert?
    Honestly I've had more Pinterest success stories than disasters, but I also tend to actually create the foods and I'm a pretty good chef/baker.

Favorite dessert is frozen yogurt, I can't get enough of it. I will eat it when it is below zero outside!!
  • Options
    Hello! I'm not engaged, not waiting, and I just joined a few days ago after lurking a bit looking for advice for my best friend, a BM dealing with one hell of a nasty MOH. Found the NEY board and thought this would be a nice place to hang :)

If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
    What TV shows do you watch?

• Options
    labro said:

Welcome! Another OMH here! I joined nearly a year before H and I got engaged. We're all here to help keep the BSC (bat shit crazy) in check while you wait for your impending proposal plus most of us like to stick around after our engagements and weddings and continue chatting because we've all become such good friends.

How long have you and your SO been together?

How did you meet?

In regards to HP, do you have a favorite book/movie?
    We've been together for almost 3 years, it will be 3 years next month.

We met online actually...OkCupid. I know, I really can't believe it either, but funny enough we met after I had only been on the site for less than a week! I had gone on three dates before I met him, and I spent the last date, the night before our first date, wishing I was at home texting him instead of out with this guy.

Favorite book is Azkaban, but it was actually the 3rd movie that turned me off of the movies. I didn't see any of the others after 3 until just like a couple years ago when my SO made me watch them all. I was really upset that they left out all the stuff about the Marauders Map and who they were in the movie.
  • Options

Hi! I am also anxiously and not so patiently waiting for my SO to propose too. I've heard that it's coming but I don't know when. Anywho, TK definitely keeps me occupied even if I'm mostly just a lurker. I'm also an NYC girl who's currently residing in Brooklyn.

Ugh, you sound like you're in the same boat as me!!  It's the worst!! I'm like the most impatient person ever, it's been driving me nuts.  My poor best friend has been in on the plan since last summer too, that was definitely not what she signed up for when she agreed to conspire with him! She's a terrible secret keeper! Hopefully we will both be relieved of the anxiety soon!!
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too. I give you a lot of credit for not going totally bananas knowing BF has a ring! I'm not sure I'd be as cool.

What do you do for work?

• Options
    I'm a New York girl - but Upstate, not the city :) I've been on this board for... gosh, forever it feels like. I joined when I was dating someone who was talking marriage, broke up with him, started dating someone else, and am marrying him in 2.5 months! :) I've met some of my bestest friends here (@swazzle is one of my bridesmaids, even though she scared the poop out of me when I first started). 

My questions:

Guilty pleasures - books, music, movies?

Favorite Chris - Pratt, Hemsworth, Evans?

If you could have any animal in the world for a pet, what would it be?

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

Hi hi and welcome! I'm upstate NY as well :-) I'm also not engaged and don't plan to be for a while. I joined arouind the same time I did get engaged though so that's why I'm here.

It's great that you're being patient and not plowing ahead. :-)

How do you like your potatoes?

What's your favorite go-to dinner dish?

Again welcome and can't wait to see you areound these boards :-D

• Options
    jenjen047 said:

Welcome! I'm new here too. I give you a lot of credit for not going totally bananas knowing BF has a ring! I'm not sure I'd be as cool.

What do you do for work?

Well, I have my moments....my friends get a lot of my venting. Also, the way my mind works I see everything as a puzzle that must be solved, so I make myself nuts by trying to figure it all out!  Funny enough, I had actually pinpointed the initial date he was planning to propose. My mom and sister were in town visiting in December and I had this feeling he would do it when they were here...turns out that was his plan originally but we ended up spending more money than we anticipated on our fall cruise and he couldn't pull it off financially then.

I work as a medical librarian, so I basically help medical students and faculty do research.
  • Options

I'm a New York girl - but Upstate, not the city :) I've been on this board for... gosh, forever it feels like. I joined when I was dating someone who was talking marriage, broke up with him, started dating someone else, and am marrying him in 2.5 months! :) I've met some of my bestest friends here (@swazzle is one of my bridesmaids, even though she scared the poop out of me when I first started). 

My questions:

Guilty pleasures - books, music, movies?

Favorite Chris - Pratt, Hemsworth, Evans?

If you could have any animal in the world for a pet, what would it be?
    Gotta love upstate, how far up?  SO went to school in Albany. We're looking to get married in the Hudson Valley. That's awesome that you've made so many friends here!!

Guilty pleasure has got to be the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness....think of it as Twilight meets 50 Shades of Grey (minus the BDSM). The male character Matthew is a vampire and I am obsessed with him. SO teases me that all I need in life is Matthew.  My best friend is also obsessed with the books and we have in-depth discussions about Matthew.

Favorite Chris.....oooh that's a hard one. I really don't know!  

I would want a dolphin as a pet. They're so cute and smart. Unfortunately I don't think my bathtub is big enough....
  • Options

Hi hi and welcome! I'm upstate NY as well :-) I'm also not engaged and don't plan to be for a while. I joined arouind the same time I did get engaged though so that's why I'm here.

It's great that you're being patient and not plowing ahead. :-)

How do you like your potatoes?

What's your favorite go-to dinner dish?

Again welcome and can't wait to see you areound these boards :-D

Trying is the operative word here....but I do try to give myself credit for it.

I like mashed potatoes, cheesy potatoes, potato soup, french fries. I love poutine!!!

My favorite go-to dinner dish is probably homemade pizza or chicken tikka masala.
  • Options

Hello! I'm not engaged, not waiting, and I just joined a few days ago after lurking a bit looking for advice for my best friend, a BM dealing with one hell of a nasty MOH. Found the NEY board and thought this would be a nice place to hang :)

If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
    What TV shows do you watch?

Wow, that sounds like a really tough spot for your friend. Sometimes you just gotta let go of it.Girls can be real b*tches.

See above for the animal...dolphin.

I loooove Big Bang Theory, food shows (we loved Chopped). Lately we've been getting into Scorpion. 
  • Options
    @nycgal85 - I'm just outside of Albany. I've lived here for almost 11 years (holy crap!!) I work at a university in the area :)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

@nycgal85 - I'm just outside of Albany. I've lived here for almost 11 years (holy crap!!) I work at a university in the area :)

Nice! I also work in academia - for better....or for worse. And we come up to Albany at least a couple times a year, a couple of my SO's best friends from college live up there so we visit.  We also try to come up for a football game each season.
  • Options
    @nycgal85 - That's awesome! What do you do in academia? I do athletic media relations, which is a life ruiner sometimes (just ask @swazzle, she'll tell you). 

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - I'm a medical librarian, so I basically teach medical students/faculty how to do research. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards